2005 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Really Fast
By KillerZero on 11/06/04 09:35 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is the fastest car I've driven so far and its great. Very fast acceleration and awesome brakes. Speeding with this car is a unforgettable experience.

Very Pleased
By Danv23 on 11/05/04 11:45 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a 1997 GLE (bought new in '96) for the last 101600 miles I decided it was time for a new Maxima. No other car can match the features coupled with the reliability of these cars. I originally wanted to stay with the luxury edition SL, but the 18" tires on the SE were too much of a draw to ignore. To compromise I upgraded the SE to SL form, including the navigation system.

Vibrations!! (Not good vibrations)!
By Stu from Scottsdale on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 5th Maxima. Seems like it's the first build in the USA. Every one of our Maxima's was wonderful. The jury is out on this one. We have a vibration when the car exceeds 60MPH. The car has been fixed twice and the dealer says that we're only feeling the road. Has anyone else experienced this? Being 6'4'' the seat is a liitle too small for me but my wife is the main driver and she is comfortable. Otherwise we do like the car.

Close Compant
By roy_h on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I considered the Audi A4, Volvo S60,Acura Tl and chose the Nissan Maxima SL (all '04's ). While the Audi perhaps had the best interior material quality of this group I chose the Maxima SL for its large interior compared to the others. Performance with the TL was essentially the same and cost was within $ 700. comparably equipped.I also liked the styling whereas the TL seemed a bit too' boy racer' and was similar in looks to its smaller brethern. The SL Maxima also uses regular gas and has more torque than the TL. (must be because its higher compression ratio).

What a car!
By tidefan1957 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Shopped in the mid-size sedan market for about two years. Bought the Maxima and couldn't be happier with the car. It is as advertised and then some. A stylish car with a fantastic ride and lots of power from the 265 horse v-6. You cannot go wrong with this car.

for the money
By guiseppie on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

great acceleration, sweet 6cyl comfortable roomy enough great milage styling looks like a roach but not bad second maxima had 2002 had 2 recals on it.but thrilling to drive.265 hp engine I think better built that a honda, with a 6, acura is more , and i think hondas quality has gone down in recent years.

BLACK BEAUTY
By blackmorpheus on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE MY MAX..THIS IS MY THIRD ONE SO I FEEL I CAN SPEAK ON THE MAXIMA. I LOVE THE HORSE POWER AND THE BIG 18" WHEELS. I FEEL LIKE I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT ON THE ROAD AND MY MAX WILL TAKE CARE OF ME. I THINK THE DESIGN TEAM DID A REALLY GOOD JOB WITH THIS ONE. I ALSO FEEL THAT IT'S COMPARABLE WITH THE INFINITI'S G-35 SEDAN AND BIGGER. TRUELY A HEAD TURNER AND FUN TO DRIVE. I LOVE THIS CAR. A TRUE MAXIMA OWNER FROM THE PAST WILL APPRECIATE WHAT NISSAN HAS DONE FOR THE 2004 MODEL AND IM SURE OTHER BUYERS WHO NEVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF OWNING A MAX WILL AS WELL. I THINK NISSAN HAS THE BEST LOOKING CARS ON THE ROAD RIGHT NOW AND THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE ANY OTHER MAKE AND MODELS. MAXIMA IS KING.

love the car
By tati girl on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this car for the can compete with any europen car. i have owned in the past 2 bmw vehicles. the maxima for the price brings much more features.

Could be better
By Andre Woon on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car is sexy and fun to drive.I had a Altima before for about 10yr. Needless to say i was a lot younger and crazier. I figured if after 180,000 mil the car was still kicking strong with all those doughnuts and corner to corner races, i'd stick with Nissan. I'm a lot older and wiser now so no more doughnuts. I like the acceleration on the car , the second glances one get's from people when passing by or just standing still.The alloy wheels and tires holds well when corning. Over all i feel good about the car for the money i spent. However if when i'm ready for another car if certain things aren't changed i think i'd go to toyota (lexus)

My Maxima 2004
By Furqan Mirza on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Im having very good experience with this 2004 Maxima so far. I just got it last month. The ride is so smooth and very sweet. Im 22 years old man, and i love having fun in it by driving.