Used 2005 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Sporty Family Sedan
By Anissa

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought '05 Maxima SL with GPS, Satellite, Elite Package...I tested and priced various vehicles including BMW and Lexus. The Maxima is a great vehicle for less money and exciting to drive for good old Dad. The kids love the heated rear seats and the DC connection for Laptop. The vehicle has plenty of power. I love the automatic to manual shift when I want to play.

Favorite Features

Heated Steering wheel and seats; power moon roof; V6 power; roomy; Bose system

Suggested Improvements

A little road noise but still better than most of the competition.

Love it but needs some improvements!!!
By Kelly

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is a very nice car and I love the power. Have taken the car on two long trips. One I was alone so it was fine the other was very cramped. Not made for traveling, or maybe i just travel with too much stuff. Has pretty much every feature available. However the car seems very thin and I sometimes feel unsafe. The car looks great though, I love the new body style! If you buy one, buy it with all the features you want, dont put aftermarket xm radio or subs in it or you will have trouble if you have radio problems. The dealerships like to blame problems on other people!!! They think you like to spend hours at the dealership for no reason at all. They can never find anything wrong

Favorite Features

Love the heated seats and steering wheel, memory seats and mirrors, and the 265 hp. The car is very user friendly and love the buttons on the steering wheel(just wished they were lighted).

Suggested Improvements

Do not like the cloth on the door panel, the dash trim also scratches easily, and the radio reception is horrible. I have been to several dealers and always have problems with warranty work. Also have had front end alignment problems and they told me i have 2 bent rims and really bad rotors. ???

25 Years of Drivings Maxima's
By Jay Rand

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is a reliable means of transportation with good looks, low maintenance and few repairs outside of normal maintenance. I drive the car for 5 years and hand it down to my wife (4000 miles per year) for the next 5 years.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage for the years has remained constant and there should be some improvement which I hope will come soon.

2nd maxima
By y2za

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2002 Max SE - had for 20K miles. Never had any problems. In comparison - this car seems to handle better - must be the independant 4 wheel suspension. This car seems to have less torque steer. This car seems to have more upper range passing power. This car has a much better base sound system (240 watt 8 speaker systems). The true fun nature of this car comes out when pushed hard. When i drive conservately, i tend to think this is a heavy/slow car but boy when i push the pedal down and turn sharply the true nature of the car comes out.

Favorite Features

I really enjoy the skyview - seriously considered the sunroof (had always wanted one) but in the end, i made the right decision for me. Accelerating power at any speed. Sound system. Four tip chrome exhaust. Unique exterior design. 18" tires. Paint job seems to resist nicks better than my max

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the suade look. Reduce the glare off the windshield. Make AWD an option - boy this would be a feature that i would be willing to pay for - as long as it does not cost as much as the Infiniti G35. I still seem to get alot of wheel spin even with the traction control system on

fun with $$
By scotto

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

had the maxima 2 weeks and its performed beyond my expectations. opted for the cloth interior SE and my only problem is with the velcro like seats that really hold you in place even at really slow speeds. seats are comfortable though and the engine is so sweet.

Favorite Features

can not beat the engine/trans combo, test drove the acura TL and this car seems much smoother, faster and appealing

Suggested Improvements

improvements to the center stack button collage are hopefully forthcoming in future models. though they are easy to navigate, they have a cheap plastic feel to them. not warm & cuddly.