2005 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Love My Maxima!
By SidneyS on 12/01/04 22:56 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have been privileged to drive some wonderful vehicles including the 5 series BMW. However, this is, by far, the BEST sedan I've enjoyed. It's quiet, comfortable, safe and above all, reliable. The owner's manual is most helpful in detailing what needs to be done regarding services. Following the manufacturer's recommendations, this car will last forever. I highly recommend the Maxima if you want luxury and sensibility combined!

Nissan Maxima Review
By Covington_Louisiana on 12/01/04 21:27 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is an excellent vehicle. Its styling and speed is outstanding. I test drove many other models, but nothing compared to the Maxima. I would recommend this and all other Nissan vehicles to anyone.

Great Car
By chap06 on 11/28/04 16:43 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first MAX and it is a fantastic car. I am impressed with the power but would give a little of it up for improved MPG...average 23 mpg. It is comfortable and responsive. This car makes me want to drive it all day long...If it is power you need with style and comfort this car is for you!

WOW
By Melissa Middlebrooks on 11/24/04 15:48 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our Maxima is dark blue on the outside and heaven on the inside. never before have i seen a car like this! I cant beleive it was only $30K. The other day on my way home i was listening to music not realy paying attention. i started to notice the cars around me going realy slow; curiously i started looking around until i noticed that everybody was not going slow, I was going 115MPH. 115MPH in a full size sedan...hints the name of the reveiw. This car also has the best excelleration i have ever seen. My son drives a 1996 honda delsol turbo which he has fixed up for racing, he passed me on the way home one day and just for fun, i tried to catch up. Needless to say, I passed him like he was stil

a complete package
By wanda carr on 11/15/04 21:47 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

although the maxima is a sports car it gives you the luxury and comfort of a sedan.

So Long Acura, Hello Maxima!!!
By Kenny C. on 11/13/04 23:46 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Acura in for this new Maxima.I ordered it with the elite package,(burnt orange leater). This car turns heads... Everything about this car is tight. Interior is about as plush as it gets. Acura/Honda better get back to the drawing board. This car is so much smoother than my Acura. The engine is quiet and powerful. The controls are easy to understand. The interior is very roomy. I hope I can get the same years of service with this Nissan as I did with the Acura, (8years). That will be the true test.

A Buttkicker
By Joe Fevelo on 11/13/04 16:01 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Forget the Lexus,Acura, Avalon, this car blows their doors off! Not only is the car less expensive than the overpriced above models it out performs in all areas including looks & dependibilty.Also a very high resale value, pound for pound the best car on the road! Reminds me of my dad's old Buick , built like a tank & fast as hell! Great on gas too!

2004 Maxima
By John Pearce on 11/13/04 15:15 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 Maximas in my life. I have always been elated with my purchases, and I expect to get reliable performance from my 2004.

FIrst time Nissan owner
By Jozeph1074 on 11/13/04 06:29 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Being my first time as with a Nissan, I have been brand loyal to Toyota for over 15 yrs. But comparing what the 04 Maxima had to offer over the Camry at what I consider equal build quality, it was no comparison. The six speed transmission mated with the smooth 265HP V6 is just a example of how Nissan is listening to the market. Horsepower wars are back with all brands and Nissan has shown they are not going to be left behind.

Fun with a few rough edges
By 2005 Maxima Owner on 11/07/04 10:00 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The spacious interior, good looks, horsepower attracted me to this car. After 60 days it still wows me! I had a little buyers remorse having not chosen an Acura Tl... so i went back to take a second look at the TL last week. Glad I got the Maxima.