2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
I love my Maxima
By Terri Miley on 01/02/05 20:28 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have only had my Maxima 1 week, but I have never enjoyed driving a car as muchas this one. I absolutely love this car. I don't think I have ever owned a vehicle I could have been prouder of and I get so many complments from my co-workers. I hope it performs for many years to come.

nissan maxima
By brenda riley on 12/29/04 22:18 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Maxima. It is the perfect size for my family and me. My only disappointment is that it will not charge my cell phone when the car is not running. This is a huge inconvenience for me and may have prevented me from purchasing this particular model had I realized this, as I only use my phone in my car. I think it is a beautiful color and it rides very smoothly. I get many compliments on it wherever I go. It is much roomier in the rear seat than it appears and it also it very easy on gas which is a great switch for me. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase.

AWESOME
By Keri Knapp on 12/28/04 11:46 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this vehicle!!! It is sooooo smooth!

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL
By Roosevelt Short on 12/27/04 22:30 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My 2004 Maxima exceed all my expectations thus far. It is a fun car to drive and a beautiful car to look at. This is my second Nissan Maxima. My first was a 1989 which I still have and have no intention of geting rid of. It has 180,000 miles and runs as good as it did the day I purchased it. I have had no major repairs and between the two cars I am likely not to ever purchase another during my life time baring a major collision.

The Nice Max
By Dylan Reed on 12/20/04 00:55 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Maxima is one of the hottest cars on the road.Although critics say that you pay a premium price w/o a premium name plate,who cares about a name plate.Part of my attraction to the car is that not many 3.5 SE are on the road. I would take this car over a 3 series BMW any day of the week.The Maxima is one of the best "values" currently on the market.The only other car I would choose over the Maxima would be the Acura TL, but at $10,000 more, there is hardly any comparison in price to value. The reliability is unbelievable.I would challenge any car, BMW, Benz, Lexus included to a durability and relibility test.If you want nameplate get a BMW or Benz, want value buy a Maxima!

MAXIMA 3.5SL in touch with todays Driver
By D.R. on 12/19/04 20:03 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A terrific car full of class and power and perfomance! This vehicle is not for everyone,but if you are a driving pro then you will love this car.IT also has roominess and options galore.

BLACK BEAUTY
By RO on 12/06/04 21:56 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

MY NISSAN MAXIMA 3.5SL NAVIGATES VERY SMOOTHLY. IT IS COMFORTABLE FOR MY 103 LBS GRANDDAUGHTER AS WELL AS MY 6' 5" NEPHEW. I ALWAYS HEARD THAT MAXIMAS ARE EXCELLENT CARS BUT I AM GLAD THAT I FINALLY BOUGHT ONE.

Best Maxima Ever
By Bruce on 12/04/04 17:46 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely the best Maxima Nissan has built! I have owned 10 Nissan/Datsuns, this being the 4th Max and I love it. It's got luxury, sport, speed, handling and style. I could afford the higher end nameplates (I looked at a Jag S- type & E-class Benz), but choose to stick with the Maxima. Not only did I save a little money, but in my opinion, got a better car. I will continue to buy Nissan (maybe Infiniti, too) for many years. I recommend Nissan to anyone who is in the market for a new or used vehicle.

Great car!
By Loki on 12/03/04 15:57 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Nissan and my first Maxima. My previous car was a '96 Altima and I decided it was time to upgrade. I really like the Maxima! It's a pleasure to drive and quite luxurious for the price. A lot of pick- up and an amazingly quiet drive. I looked at the Acura TL and that was slightly more luxurious, but not worth the extra $3,000 they wanted. I was also very pleased with the dealer (Nissan City in Port Chester NY); no b.s. and very little sales smarminess.

Third Maxima for me
By dcowan on 12/03/04 15:35 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Maxima is my third, and it's the best of the three so far (1998 GXE, 2001 SE 20th Ann, 2005 SE 5A). The good: Roomy, comfortable, quick off the line, decent gas mileage, awesome sound system, don't need to take a headroom-eliminating sunroof, very quiet ride. The bad: it's slippy in the snow - snow tires seem to be required and that means great expense, back seat not great for tall friends due to roof slope.