2005 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
NISSAN MAXIMA 2005
By LUIS SERRAS on 02/09/05 22:19 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Performace:Very powerfull driving:Smooth drive low engine noise interior:Nice design every thing is in your hands perfect driver front view exterior:Agressive sedan look

3rd Time Buyer, 3rd Time Lover
By Russell K on 02/08/05 16:41 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wow, WOw, oh WOW!! I just bought my 3rd Nissan 4 days ago. This by far is the most amazing car I have ever purchased. As a lover of Nissan for years I have felt that love grow with the purchase of my new Maxima. I don't think I can ever be happy with any other car on the road. When my girlfriend came home with her new Mercedez-Benz last year I thought I found the car of my dreams, now I beg to differ!

car is great!
By yeah on 02/06/05 13:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this car is fun to drive, fuel mileage is pretty good, lots of power, handling is near perfection. inside is luxurious, seats are comfy, gauges are great.. i love it

Comparable to my BMW
By Joan on 02/04/05 01:19 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 2 BMW's and one Lexus. I truly believe I am sold on the Maxima. It handles well and is definitely fun to drive, especially long distance. It hugs the road and I feel very safe and comfortable in it. It has excellent gas mileage on the freeway, I can't judge it in town yet. Most definitely comparable to the BMW. Lithia provided excellent staff and service.

lots of fun
By Tom on 01/28/05 12:18 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great quality for the money. This car has so many bells and whitles that tech lovers such as I should keep themselves occupies. Lots of little, thoughtful touches from stereo controls to design details and customization abilities makes this a well thought out car. Although thirsty for gas, the rocket ability of this car makes it worth the cost. Feels like it could take off if it had wings. At high speeds though I could sence some instability in the rear (in the SL) especially when changing lanes but we shouldn't be driving that fast anyway. I bought this at the beginning of winter so I can't wait to roll down the windows and open the sunroof this summer. So far I love it!

ejmreview
By Edward Moskaly on 01/16/05 17:25 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am satisfied with performance and styling of my 2005 Nissan Maxima. I would like to have running lights, self-locking doors, and leather on the door panels as standard equipment though.

Nothing less than excellent
By Sesan on 01/15/05 03:22 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

No doubt the 2005 Nissan Maxima is a car to be proud of. It gives you almost all you can ask for in a luxury sedan.The ride is so smooth that I want to drive it everywhere.I tried the Acura TL but it didn't give the kind of performance the Maxima gave.

Poor craftmanship
By Neil W on 01/08/05 13:34 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my vehicle in 4/2004 and I must say, I was quite happy with the performance of the vehicle. In terms of driveability,The car handles corners very well, overtaking was never a problem performance I would say was superb But I had a few problems with my vehicle and the list are as follows. At around 300 miles I encountered my first problem with my right front strut. It began leaking fluid.The front rotors was warp.The strut was replaced and the rotor resurfaced. At around 4500 miles I noticed waterleaking into the terior from the sun roof. The front driver's doors and passenger's would touch if the drivers's door opened simultaneously with the passenger door.

Nissan maxima
By Dennis on 01/08/05 10:11 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great! After turning in a 2001 Sebring LXi, which was excellent, I purchased a Maxima SE with everything except Navigation. The seats are comfortable, the heated seats are warm, the heated steering wheel is warm.. And better yet..It is so powerful..265 Horses..That thing goes..I love it!

Maxima continues to rule
By John on 01/07/05 00:49 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 18 inch low profile tires look nice, but are very expensive to replace after hitting potholes. The vehicle has a lot of top end speed but take a little time to accelerate from 60 - 100+. The interior is stylish and controls are easily accessible. The large display screen makes setting radio, clock, maintenace, etc. easy. Would buy it again....