2004 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: I LOVE this vehicle!

2004 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 SL Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

I LOVE this vehicle!
By dee on

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I read a lot of the previous reviews and I think the main issue here is maintenance of a sporty vehicle. I usually get 28 MPG in town and 30-40 MPG on the open road (averaging over 80 MPH). Other than regular maintenance and fixing the suspension parts that my kids have bent over the years, I haven't had any problems. I do replace tires nearly every year because I have the suspension set tight, nearly race ready (remember this is the same suspension the Mercedes Compressor has). I am an aggressive driver that loves to drive at high speeds on the open road. I have had the recalls done and my grill is still great. I am finally putting spark plugs and a K&N filter in it after nearly 90k miles.

This car cooks! Handles like a dream and still gets 28 MPG in town and 30- 40 MPG highway. It loves to run between 75 and 90 MPH, which doesn't effect the gas mileage. DH put a little air spoiler on the back, air shield on the front, aggressive alignment, great tires, and this car hugs the road.

standard air spoiler, better speakers (these were blown out quick), get rid of the tape deck (who uses it with a Bose), nicer rims