2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Best car I have ever owned
By RonSteinbach on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has it all! It is a hotrod, i.e., faster than most cars on the street. It is a luxury car. It is totally fun to drive, and it is an economy car (27 to 31 mpg on the highway). You can pay up to twice as much for very little more, but why? At 90 mph the car is rock solid in feel. I would highly recommend buying the SE model with the 5-speed automatic transmission. This transmission can shift much faster than any human can. If you insist on shifting, the automatic transmission has a manual shift mode. This car will place a perpetual smile on any enthusiast's face!

Sweet
By Very Impressed on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

500 miles ago I stepped into this awesome machine...the looks...the feel...the power...all great. Loaded with the driver preferred package, to me this car is better than the G-35 and CTS...and for thousands less $$$. Without fail, when I'm 'drifting' people ask me about the car. My only complaint is that I cannot keep my foot off the gas peddle, feeling the car's immediate response as I zoooooom down the road.

Awesome!
By idok on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a number of performance, performance/luxury, and luxury cars over the years, none of them could touch my 2004 Maxima SE. This car is really something special. I like it more and more with each trip.

rocketship
By ron tucci on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A fun car to drive, been driving hi performance sports car for years. 1967 427 vet, 68 shelby kr500, 1975 pantera gts, era 427 ac cobra when it came to buyinf a family car I wanted something different. I found it in the 04 maxima. I am looking forward to driving this car for alot of years. Nissian did its home work. I am constantly being stopped on the road by people who love the look of this car.

Great value
By Above on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at the G35, Passat, Acura, etc. we settled on the 2004 Maxima. Got what we wanted for 30K out the door. So far very happy with performance, ride, general quality. Our first Nissan, hope it lives up to past relibility.

awesome!
By bb000 on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

great car with great performance!

DESIGNED JUST 4 ME
By FLORIDA/PATRICK on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

WE DROVE A G35,SAAB9.3,IS300,ACCORD,JAG AN OWN A PASSAT GLX AND THIS CAR BEATS THEM ALL.FLORIDA IS HOT,FLAT & SUNNY. OUR MAX SE LOVES THE FAST CROSS/STATE ROADS, THE ENGINE EASILY DRIFTS INTO THE 130s, WHILE THE 18"WHEELS FELL GLUED DOWN. WHEN A BOAT & TRAILER CROSSED THE MEDIAN,THE NISSAN TECHNO MAGIC,NEVER LET IT SKID,SLIP, DIP OR LOSE ANY CONTROL. THE SKYVIEW, STEREO & LEATHER IS LOVED. THE TRUNK FITS OUR SCUBA GEAR AND OUR FRIENDS LOVE THE BACK SEAT. THE AC IS FROSTY EVEN IN THE MID 90s.I'M 52 AND THE JOYFUL EXPERIENCE AND VALUE IS UNBEATABLE. ITS A 30K"Z"FOR FOUR AND A LOVE, SECOND ONLY TO MY WIFE.

2004 Maxima
By LDLDL5 on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 weeks of driving this car, I'm still impressed by everything about it except the milage. We have been doing a lot of stop & go driving and are getting about 18 mpg. The attention this car gets is great. The roomy, heated, leather seats, the trunk, the dash, the sound system is all you can ask for in a car like this one. The cabin is quiet and the car handles well on the road. It's like riding on air!!!

Major Disappointment
By andreas on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Cheap Interiors; Extremely poor quality both inside and out. I'm trading it in tomorrow.

Greatest Car
By SLY on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this car is an improvement over the last models...and thats saying something.