2004 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
a great car
By ROLA on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

car is not so quiet as there is very significant road noise due to wider and low profile tires, on expressways.

What A Car!
By 3rd Time Buyer on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Totally amazing! This car is unbelievable, especially at the price. This is my third Maxima and by far the best design, comfort and performance of the three.

I don't know
By Heynissan on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am not going to comment on interior or exterior look cuz that's personal taste. But the torque steer you just simply can't igore. I am very surprised they didn't learn anything from the Altima 3.5 experience(torque steer too). Do they think general public just won't notice that or what? I think Nissan is pushing out a lot of flashy cars fast with poor built/cheap qualities. They should pay more attention to basic engineering and quality. Toss gas guzzling 3.5 VQ engine with a lot of horse power in every car is just not the solution. Have to design good platforms to go with it. I am a little disappointed. not worth 30k!!!

The Japanese
By mmars80 on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nissan has never been one to take risk with the styling of its product. However, they began to move away from the "rolling appliances" into cars that sparked pure appeal, passion, and denotes the creativity that used to only be synonomous with high-end luxury sedans. The front grill is imaginative and possibly something the automotive world is not ready for. However, the "coupe-esque" body lines make up for that. My car came with the 5speed manual mode and the 3.5L engine making this car ready to haul down the Interstate swiftly and comfortably. If you want the performance of the G35 but need the space, add this car to your shopping list.

Sports Car
By saini on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very excellent driving, like a Cheetah. I have the Elite model with navigation system. It has telescopic handle, Auto folding mirrors, all seats heated, beautiful interior and spacious. Many other features not seen in many luxury cars. Worth the money.

Real Step Up
By #3 maxima on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Maxima (I lease a new one every three years) and the SL is such a step up from my loaded 2000 GLE, it feels like I moved up to the power and performance I would expect from a $50,000 car. Sticker Price- $31,900. People stop and look and ask questions. Quiet, fast and luxurious..

Nissan Kicks some Major Ass!
By Clark Kent on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

265 Horsepower Motor Excellent Handling Fantastic Luxury Drives like a Dream Come True! Good Job Nissan.

Love my new car
By Wetbong on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

So far so good. I picked it up yesterday after shopping around. You can't go wrong with this car. There is nothing out there with the stlye this car just oozes out. I went for the 6 speed manual transmission because, to me they are more fun to drive. The only semi confusing feature at first is the center control and data center. There are quite a number of buttons, but once you get the hang of it they're nice to have.

Sweet!
By Justin Haugh on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for a week and am loving it more every day. I got a Liquid Silver SL with light grey interior. It has tons of power, the 4- speed automatic is very responsive and you really get pressed back in your seat when you floor it. Extremely fun to drive. I'm 6'4" and love the spacious interior. Plenty of leg/head room in the back seat. Top-quality leather, comfortable seats. Sophisticated yet practical interior. Minor issues: torque-steer, turning radius. Tons of extras on the SL are sweet. My friends love it. I love it. A fantastic car at any price, but a steal for the $28.5K i paid for it. Highly recommended, especially for tall folks.

Prepare for the looks!
By Sonnyfm on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

1st off, kudos to Pomoco Nissan of Hampton VA. From start to finsh, they provided me with a GREAT buying experience! My SE has the Elite Package, with Burnt Orange Leather! Beautiful!! My buddy with a S430 borrowed it for a couple of hours, and said "I got, more looks in your Max then I do in my Benz"! He's not happy.LOL! I live in a resort city, and while cruising the strip, nearly every other car had a comment! And it's quick!