Used 2004 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

My Black Max
By rxman2002

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I do not have extensive experience with this car yet as I just bought it a week ago, but I can tell you that so far my heart races when I look at and drive this sporty sedan. Inside and out it is loaded with great quality materials. My sister has an '03 and has been happy with it as well so that helped my decision. I'm very impressed so far. I had considered a loaded Altima but for only a few thousand more I got a more upscaled vehicle with great style, not that the Altima doesn't deserve respect also. It's a beautiful vehicle as well. I'm a single dad but I still like to hit the twisties every now and then. This car will do it. Grade A+

Strong, responsive engine. Impressive styling that turns heads and gets lots of compliments.

Rear window slightly obstructed by rear seat headrests. Need more channel presets on that great stereo system.

Great car
By STEELROBS

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car.

nissan maxima new york
By tonypremiumnissan

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

great,lots of fun to drive

lights, engine, computer, wheels, space

body, back lights

2004 Maxima 3.5 SE
By tjoerob

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 SE in April, 2003, and overall I'm very pleased with it. I enjoy its unique features like the Skyview roof. I've had no mechanical problems at all with the car. Its not to be confused with a luxury car, but it is very sporty and comfortable sedan to commute and travel in. I recommend the gorgeous maroon color if you like to be noticed.

That wonderful engine - it has tons of power and just the right sound. I love the aggressive styling of the car. The leather seats are very comfortable, especially with the seat heaters. My family enjoys the (optional) navigation system.

Redesign the atrocious front grille. I replaced mine with a billet grille. What an improvement! My car gets pretty bad mileage in town. The trunk is roomy, but it places the rear deck too high, limiting visibility to the rear. Finally, a tighter turn radius would help maneuvering.

2004 SE
By Stephen Napolitano

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Maxima now has 6,000 miles on it and I have experienced absolutely no problems with it. It runs and handles better than the (now old) BMW 5 series. The skylight is a little different but the kids like it. The trunk swallows golf bags and the back seat is actually comfortable.

During this winter in the Northeast...the heated steering wheel and seats.

I'd improve the torque steer.