Used 2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Worse Investment of my life!
By syed786

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Worse car I've ever owned. Paint is fading, chrome is chipping off the front grill, I've only owned this car for about 12 days, and already had to replace the clutch(which din't help with fading or going to the floor), water pump, radiator, hose, and head gasket. I had the car inspected 2nd day I had it and I was told it was flawless. Performance is poor, there's no such thing like fuel economy in this car, no oil leak but still have to add oil every week, replaced two rear tires already, one of the rims bent already...Do I need to say more? Worse car I've ever owned in my life. I wish I can take Nissan to court for these faulty factory defects

Better Cd player, better performance parts, longer lasting materials...just change everything about this car.

SWEET RIDE
By drock31

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Maxima about 1/2 a year ago with 89,000 miles on it and so far so good. I may do the struts soon, front a rear, but other than that manual trans is sweet, clutch is working fine, and engine wants to go go go! Glad I went with the manual after reading some reviews of the automatic trans. jerking, plus it is extra fun to drive. My only complaint is the road noise and that it burns a quart of oil every 5,000 miles. I would only by a manual Maxima, and so far happy with my purchase!

Don't Buy a 2004 Nissan Maxima
By mortega1

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

In 2007 I began to notice that the “chrome finish” on the front grill was beginning to peel off. This was also beginning to happen on the “chrome” accents that are embedded on the roof of the vehicle. In late 2008 the power window motor located in the driver’s door began to malfunction and now it is not functional at all. In 2009, the power door locks located on the driver’s side (front and rear doors) also began to malfunction. Power to the steering wheel column and the drivers seat have now also failed. I have also experienced issues with the air conditioning system and I have had several leaks in the o-rings that have been addressed several times. Do not purchase a Nissan product!!

The first several years of ownership were good. The ride and performance was outstanding. The Bose stereo system is above average.

The electrical system of this vehicle is faulty. Searches on the internet reveal other Nissan owners complaining of issue related to the electrical systems of this vehicle.

Total Disappointment
By JAC

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a total disappointment. The timing chain went of the car after 26,000 miles. The care burns a ton of oil and the moon roof leaks. The motor is noisy and the problems just keep piling up. I also had the rear deck rattle and drove the service dept crazy until they fixed it. I finally got a real good service mechanic to put some extra foam under the deck to it would not rattle. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NISSAN PERIOD. THIS CAR STINKS

NONE

EVERYTHING

Horrible Car
By SM

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I can't believe after owning this car for two yrs i have so much problems. It first started with the engine mount having to be changed, then came the jerk when going from reverse to drive, then the a/c stopped working had to change the expansion valve. What's gonna happen next...I wld not recommend anyone to buy a 2004 Maxima, alot of my friends with the same car have had similar problems. My next car will def not be a Nissan!

Speed