After 37K, Update and farewell
By JohnBuller on
2003 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I loved the car when I first had it, but 3 years later, the bloom is off. Still great, but not the same thrill. It's been fast, fun, reliable, but doesn't wear well both interior or exterior, and I am a fanatic about care. Paint quality is an issue; Sheer Silver looks great, but paint is poor, esp on front bumper and hood. The turning radius is HORRIBLE; 40.5 feet puts it in SUV territory. Car felt porky and didn't excite me even with all it's bells and whistles. I tire of cars easily, but thought I'd have it forever. Traded for an 05 Altima SL. Not that the Max is a bad car; far from it, it just doesn't grow on you. It felt clunky after 37,000 miles; I got bored.
Favorite Features
Heated steering wheel and seats, power from smooth V6, mileage 30+ if you trust computer. Climate control perfect, HID headlights a joy. One touch open and close windows and roof, Bose 6 disc CD. People always commenting on car and how it looked. Wonderful highway cruiser with great range.
Suggested Improvements
Fix turning radius. In the 3 years I had it, think I made a parking space in one swoop once. It's hard to tell where front of car ends. More solid trunk; sounds tinny when closing. Make trunk open rather than just unlock. Better paint, more ding/chip resistant bumpers. Lose beam rear axle.