2003 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: I bought A Nissan Finally!

2003 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

I bought A Nissan Finally!
By Mr Lee on

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car in 8/05 because of all the good things I heard about it. It already had 60,000 miles on it from the date of purchased but I said so what it's a Nissan. A week after I bought it the oxygen sensors went bad. Whew the warranty saved me $500! Two months later the vent control went bad. I started not to fix it but I was loseing 8mpg due to the pressure failure. I still like Nissan. However, I will never buy another car with more than 30k miles on it. The paint on the front bumper had to be repainted due to cheap paint quality. Overall I'd say it's a pretty well designed car. I get a lot of compliments with it. I do a lot of driving so a car has to last me.

The engine. I wish the USA didn't have the computer chip inside because the engine has a lot of life left after it stops at 130mph :) Clear tailights are a plus!

Bumper paint quality. Get rid of some of the sensors! Have a longer warranty offered. White leather seats, a subwoofer would be nice. Bose is made for high pitch not bass. Improvements that would eliminate some of the road noise.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review