Hard to Beat
By Mckenna on
2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
We purchased this car used, knowing that it was an ex-rental previously. If ever there was an invitation for disaster, this would be it. And yet this was a 2003 Nissan Maxima SE, allegedly a Japanese BMW, available for pennies on the dollar compared to new. As the old saying goes; even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then. And boy did we ever! Im 64 tall and still fit comfortably. Acceleration is impressive, as is fuel economy (even while using regular), the handling brings out the teen in me (I'm mid 50's now), and yet it is still a functional and dependable sedan and business mode of transportation with which to entertain clients in.
Favorite Features
The drive train - no second thoughts here! Great power curve, minimal torque steer, quiet, and vibration free. Plus fuel economy exceeding estimates. Im mid 50s now, but the suspension and overall handling bring back the young man in me on winding curves of the California Coast highway.
Suggested Improvements
It's tough to improve in this package. However, if I had to be critical, I'd find fault with the rear end treatment. The tail light assemblies just don't work for me. Now, if Nissan could drop the 2003 power train into the '09 body and interior... I'd be working a deal on a new one as we speak!