2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
The Maxima is a must have
By kennyinbalt on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I truly love this car! It was a toss up between a Lexus and the Maxima and the Maxima won by far! It is very stylish and dependable! I feel this is an excellent value for the money. The car feels very solid and safe to drive, I don't feel like I m driving in a tin can on wheels.

First One
By Grunt on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first one I have owned and am completely happy with it. It is fun to drive, fast and comfortable. A good looking automobile.

My Maxima is GREAT!
By 2 P CHEE on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE this car! I'm an Acura girl at heart, but feel I made a great choice in the Maxima SE. I love the get up and go and my Xenon headlights. I'm trying to adapt to the turning radius-- kind of makes me want to check out that 2004 Acura TL. Overall this car is fabulous for the price!!!

Great Car
By tiki on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Best car that I have hade in a long time. Fun to drive, and is fast.

Happily Surprised
By Loanbeast on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I previously owned a BMW 3 series vehicle and I have been very impressed with the drive and ride of my Maxima SE. Very responsive, accelerates like no other, performancewise I have not looked back wishing I had kept the BMW. Dealership experience was best I have ever had, however I am still waiting for my valet key after 5 months. Very glad I bought this vehicle.

it's a monster
By fattboyy1105 on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A great performer in all aspects,unbelievable perfomance all around!!!!!!

Rust
By JohnM141 on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My new car developed rust on the rear wheel frame as a result of driving during New England's sanded/salted roads during last winter. Nothing but a run-a-round from Nissan and my dealer. The car has a design flaw and the company knows it. The problem only occurs if certain conditions are met. I am not satisfied with Nissan at all. A brand new car should not develop rust in only four months? They should have been more supportive.

Great Car
By JackoB on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the 03 GLE because we have had such good service from our "91 Maxima. Our son now drives the 91 which has over 125K miles on it. This GLE is an awesome car and it is a pleasure to drive. One problem is that I always have the temptation to kick it and I know sooner or later it will get me a ticket. We have put close to 7000 miles on it in the year we have had it.

Why did they depart from this design?
By Serj on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've put over 10k miles on this car since april, and there is only one thing this car is short on; rear headroom. The engine is velvet-smooth and OMG fast. Interior is of VERY high quality & styling on the outside gets respectful glaces everywhere. Niceities include titanium package rims and stainless kickpanels. Wonderful to drive on twisties. Fuel econo is decent at 80, but keep it under 70, and you'll see MPG numbers around 28! Steering is heavy but responsive, and doesnt lighten until about 110mph. the BOSE stereo lacks tuning features that ive seen in much less expensive setups.

What new car
By Notsohappy on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was back in for service 5 days after having the vehicle delivered. I have made 6 trips to the service department to either have the car evaluated, service performed or part not available. This is 6 trips inside the first 3,000 miles. I still have strings hanging in the rear seat and parts of the buckles are covered in plastic that was not properly removed at the dealership. I don't believe that I would buy the Maxima again.