2003 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
SE/TITANIUM EDITION
By chr1921 on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

SO FAR SO GOOD, NO PROBLEMS, I CAN FEEL THE BRAKES GRINDING DURING STOPPING, ROTORS SHOW RUST WHEN IT RAINS OR GETS WET, THEY SEEM TO BE OF LESSER QUALITY, LIKE MY PREVIUOS MAXIMA. LITTLE STRONG ON THE TORQUE STEER,OTHER THAN THAT THE PERFORMANCE IS OUTSTANDING

2003 Nissan Maxima SE
By beegowl on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Traded my 93 Z for the 2003 Maxima. Better mileage, more room, same power, not as much fun to drive by a long shot, but so much more practical. Long trips are comfortable. Plenty of room for my 6 ft 2 in frame. Seat could go back a bit more. Don't like the spoiler, it's a dirt catcher and totally useless. Why do they make them for passenger vehicles? Bose system sounds fine. Can carry on a normal conversation during highway driving, the cabin is quiet. Plenty of trunk room. Rear seat folds down for a bit more room. Plenty of power for onramp merges and passing in a hurry. NOT a sports sedan, however, though it handles just fine. No problems so far.

Time Traveler
By drb218 on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Most fun I have had driving in several years. Beats many more expensive cars in performance and saves at the pump.

Excellent value
By milehidweller on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am driving this car for 10 month now and have 14kmi on it. Here are my minor complaints. Lousy tires. You buy a car like this for performance and the stock tires are a real spoiler. $500+ wasted. Ride and handling on SE are sporty, but not excellent, ride is a bit harsh, and cornering a bit sloppy. Some of the ergonomics could be better. Heater controls are hard to fine tune without looking. Two more rotary dials: for zone selection and for temp setting would be better. Power mirror control is too touchy and hidden under the steering wheel. Gas pedal is too far to the right and too close to the brake pedal. Seats are just okay, not really great.

Not bad for what it is...
By richbaker on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is not a bad car for it's price segment. I liked the Maxima for its size, decent comfort, good mileage considering it is a large V6, horsepower. It handles OK, but big understeer, and huge torque steer. Good features like stereo with 6 disc changer, xenon headlamps, steering wheel controls. The leather is cheap, hard and thin. If I bought the car I really wanted (Audi A4), I probably could have gotten a better car for about the same payments since the residual is so much higher (53%). So I have 40 months to go before I get what I really want.

funto drive
By mrmugs on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Owned since June-love the performance,but already see that the factory Bridgestone Potenzas HAVE to GO!With the power this car has,lousy wet traction and easy hydroplaning.Looking into winter tires,but a very hard size to find.

Buy you one!
By Steviec on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutly love it, it is fun to drive and it will haul a$$!

Nissan Maxima -- outstanding
By Igreaves on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

How many 6-cylinder mid-size sedans can return a highway mileage in excess of 32 mpg? I can consistently achieve this economy with the 2002 Nissan Maxima SE with manual transmission. The 6-speed manual transmission takes some getting used to, but it is silky smooth, very responsive, and above all economical on the highway. With a mix of highway and local driving, I can average 30-32 mpg and still have the sporty feel and comfort of this first rate automobile.

03 Maxixma
By Oost81 on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Nissan Maxima is the best car I have ever had. This is the first car I have purchased in my young life and I don't think I will ever buy anything else. The car rides so smooth it's like your riding on air. The power from the 3.5 V6 is amazing! I love the way it handels. And the way it accelerates. I have not had one problem with it.

It's Okay
By Snowbird on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car!! But the turn radius is not the greatest. It handles good except when tight turns are necessary