2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
03 MAX TITANIUM EDITION
By CARLOS on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Apr 03, Really wanted a used 2001 Max SE because the design looked much better. Wanted very low miles (0 mi), so decided on a new 2003 Max SE. To my shock salesman told us they did not have anymore of the 03 Max SE and Nissan was not going to be making anymore 03 Maximas. All they had were the ugly 2004s. Told him we're only in Apr 2003 and no more 03 Maximas??? Why was the 2004 Maxima introduced so early in the year.He said the redesigned Altimas sales were by far exceeding Maximas sales and Nissan had to do something, so they did. All I could do is wait for used 2003 Titanium Ed. Max.

GET THIS CAR FAST!!
By Good car! on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just got this car from Hertz Car sales, and don't be afraid to buy from a rental company. I love my maxima, best car i have ever driven. Being a teen, i love flooring it, it has so much power. The other cars i drive, which are my parents is a 2001 Chrysler T&C and a 1994 Dodge Grand Caravan. This is soo much easier to park and a lot more fun to drive. I am 6'1" size 14 feet and i have more than enough room in it. I also love the exterior design. The Nissan dealership was very mean, hiking the prices very high, so go to a rental car place. Also has better gas milage than the vans i drive. Get this car now!

Maxes the competition
By nam on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

A search driven by value, performance, and legacy led me to only one car - the Maxima SE. While not an overly aggressive driver, it is nice to know that this car can quietly spank just about any on the road. The features are ample without being overdone and the int/ext design are subtle and sophisticated. Though I tend to purchase a car driven solely by my own tastes, I've never received so many compliments as this dark blue beauty. It is a blast to drive everyday without overexerting the pocketbook.

max1
By dom on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

alot of options for the money the powerful engine and outstanding handling are what stand out the most in this well crafted machine

super car
By threedayride on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Maxima, and I'll drive it for 300K. Rode first one 220K, then gave it to my son who has had no problems. Style is dated on the 2003, but i couldn't wait for the 04s, which are beautiful. Totally dependable, no warranty work required at all.

3rd Maxima i have had
By jasorey on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

ok this makes the 3rd one of these i have owned. i had a 96 with the 5spd (190hp) and LOVED this car, lol then i made the mistake of test driving a 2003 (255HP), needless to say now i have the 03 SE automatic ( cause i'm getting older and lazier and traffic here is horrible so i got the automatic) well this things is incredible it accelerates so fast that the tires will start breakin loose at 45mph. LOL LUV IT (POWER POWER POWER)

Already Traded It In
By townhome on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This was my fourth Maxima, and it was not what I expected. It's probably my fault for buying the SE model, but the car rode really, really rough and was way too loud. The interior seemed cheap, but it was roomy. I traded it in on a used BMW 523i after only a few months and I haven't looked back.

Headlights
By JanetJones on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Given what I know now, I would have never purchased this car. The headlights are so easy to steal and so costly to replace. Mine were stolen in less than a minute--right in front of me. The thieves popped them out with a screwdriver causing significant damage to the hood and bumper. This is a dangerous car. I worry about my safetly all the time. Nissan has not been sensitive to concerns. Yes, they have recalled the car to install the brackets on the headlights, but they still can be stolen.

255hp and 6spd
By burnout on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The most car I could find for the money. If you want a powerful sedan with a manual transmission and great reliability this might be it.

SE/TITANIUM EDITION
By chr1921 on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

SO FAR SO GOOD, NO PROBLEMS, I CAN FEEL THE BRAKES GRINDING DURING STOPPING, ROTORS SHOW RUST WHEN IT RAINS OR GETS WET, THEY SEEM TO BE OF LESSER QUALITY, LIKE MY PREVIUOS MAXIMA. LITTLE STRONG ON THE TORQUE STEER,OTHER THAN THAT THE PERFORMANCE IS OUTSTANDING