2003 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Almost perfect
By Bobby on 12/27/04 17:40 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Been in a silver 6-speed maxima for almost 2 years. Talk about torque, great pull from low rpm-can start from 3rd gear. love the 6th gear-barely breathing on the highway. the car is really fast, sneaky fast. rides great, good performance/comfort ratio for a sedan with 255 hp. torque steer and understeer obvious problems with the front wheel drive setup. a little nose heavy going into corners. also the performance tires and abundant torque make the car tricky to drive in snow. opt for some snow tires if you live in a place where it snows. got a great deal and they added black leather (in place of the original frost cloth for free) which looks cool against the grey carpet and seatbelt.

I love my Maxima
By Liliwhite on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love to drive my Maxima..it is fun and fast. Whenever I feel like whinning about my carpayment, I just jump in my "baby", crank up the stereo and drive around town and all my payment shock goes out the window!!! It is all worthwhile. My friends are tired about hearing how much I love it. :-)

The man
By Ronald Barometre on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car is phenomenal!

A 10+ car
By AlarmGy on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. It is the most fun to drive car I've had in years. When I first saw it, I thought OK, it looks nice. But as soon as I drove it I knew I was going to buy it. I've had the same reaction from everyone who's been behind the wheel. The ride is a little stiff, due to its sport suspension, but if you can get past that, you'll really like this machine. It really is 10+.

Very Pleased Maxima Owner
By DRPIV on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I have owned to date. The performance is the strong suit, great value at the time as well. Looks sharp, plenty of room and comfort. Only complaint - battery died at 8,000 miles, Nissan replaced, no problem. One recall, fixed no problem. Tire wear a bit excessive, does anyone really need $200 tires. Is a horse, get in and hold on. You will never accept less in terms of performance.

Amazing All Around
By Chiefslax1 on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I absoulty love this car. When I sit behind the wheel i forget i'm in a sedan and think i'm in a sports car. The car has excellent pick up off the line, and the sports suspension hugs the corners. The bose stereo is a great option for serious music lovers.

Best car I have owned
By Nick LS on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I every owned except for a 240Z , but this 2003 Maxima would leave the old Z in its dust. Only two complaints. Wide turning circle and harsh ride from original 17" Bridgestone Potenza tires. A great car for all driving conditions.

Power and Comfort in One!!!
By Pearson on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

For the price, this is the best 4 door sports sedan out there. It handles much better than even the most 2 door sports cars on the road to date. You step on it, and that 3.5 liter engine under the hood, throws you into motion so fast, like a fighter jet. It's comfort compares to you being on your living room couch, while taking you to a far away place in no time. IT'S FAST!!! Try it, and you will love it.

THE CAR THE DOES NOT LEAVE YOU STRANDED
By CALVIN on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

OWNED A 1994 MAXIMA FOR 10 YEARS. GIVING IT TO MY SON. WELL KEPT, A MAXIMA SHOULD LAST FOREVER. WILL PROBOBLY OWN A 2013!

not a good buy
By jimmy davies on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

this se 2003 (automatic) is not what i expected. during the winter, after the ignition, you will hear a ratle and the rpm will move up at the same time as the engine ratles. anothe deadly thing is when the car is parked uphill. To back up and put on reverse,I have to force a few times the stick in order to be able to put the car on reverse. i don't know why this is happening but i now firmly believe that toyota is much better in term of quality. My brother's se altima has the same problem with putting the car in reverse. time to trade. please consider carefully before you buy a nissan.