2003 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
03SE Ti Goes Like Stink!
By Maxim(a)Serj on 12/19/06 11:58 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been a lovely companion. The interior materials sing of quality and despite some cheaper parts (no true aluminum inserts) I find myself criticizing other car's interiors for not being as good. The Car will Surge and accelerate like a Bat from Hades all the way past 120 (even in the auto!) and if you can be gentle on the pedal; MPG can go from 26-32MPG (use premium for best results) The rear headroom is a bit tight for 6+ footers; thus the 9 on interior. I also downmarked the performance only because stock handling is harsh with too much lean. Selectable shocks and Performance swaybar WILL solve this. The Interior is also too noisy for me(prolly the Michelin Pilots I put on)anymore

If the Nissan Maxima 2003 is safe?
By nissan maxima on 11/01/06 07:29 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

i just love the way that my 2003 Nissan Maxima drives, handles, comfort,and all the special features of the interior as well as the outside. I like the color which is black exterior and gray interior. It is the very best car that I have had the pleasure of driving or owning and I couldn't be happier if it was a brand new car. I just love my car and wish just wish that I could one day own a new one if this one gives out on me. Thanks Nissan for such a jewel of a vehicle.

an aging athlete
By curtis on 09/08/06 07:05 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My Nissan Maxima is a great car and has not given me any trouble it is a class act with unusual style,power and beauty, the Maxima seems more like an exotic with its hidden headlights and so many Maxima enthusiasts i.e. Maxima.org that bread and butter sedans like Camry and Accord don't have,not to mention the 350z engine for top of the line poerformance.

Awesome Car
By Maxima Fiend on 07/09/06 10:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my maxima for 2 years now and it is one of the best cars I have ever driven. Fast, fun to drive, good handling good mechanics. Very reliable and with my silver color and wax it blinds the other drivers. Put tinted windows on it and it looks AMAZING. Seats are uncomfortable for my parents on long drives and the back seat head room is a little low. Wish Nissan put in bose standard but the sound system is good nonetheless.

Nissan Maxima SE
By 2003Nissan Maxima on 06/17/06 07:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Problem free car---rides smooth-shifts real easy into drive--driver seating adjustable and comfortable--you must adjust to the turning radius of the car which can easily be done--speed pickup is remarkable when needed-trunk room is morethan generous-have one minor key scratch on trunk to be repaired--cost about $150

Fun to drive!
By DGR on 06/12/06 05:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used with 45,000 miles on it last year. City mileage is in the low 20's but I get nearly 40 mpg on the highway! The car has incredible power and handles like a dream. The ride is firm but very comfortable on a long drive. The headroom in the rear is too low for my 6'1" son.

Great car
By maxdriver on 04/17/06 07:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving this car, my only complaint is the amount of road noise that can be heard in the car.

Mediocre Maxima
By Cadjockey on 01/24/06 11:19 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I like the styling and performance ( acceleration/handling/brakes ) but the interior is sub par. I have a dash that rattles/squeaks and the seats are cheap. I don’t have the Bose stereo so I installed a sub-woofer which helps immensely. The Idler pulley bearing went out so the dealership loaned me a Lincoln LS. For the same money ( $18,000 ) I could have gotten a 2003/2002 Lincoln LS instead of the Maxima SE. I made a mistake. The Lincoln is twice the car as my 2003 Maxima SE. I am now shopping for a nice 2002/2003 Lincoln LS with low miles. My only concern is that the Nissan is probably a more dependable car than the Lincoln. I’m going to take the chance because the LS is WAY nicer

Sweet Ride.....
By Import Driver on 01/10/06 10:57 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just got the vehicle needed somethin 2 drive to give the Spec V a rest. Max is a beautiful car rides and handles nicely. Stock stereo in my Spec V is better than stock stereo in Max (huge dissapointment opt for Bose). Ride & Handling like Spec V but a bit softer. Seats are comfortable and look of high quality. Dash materials are nice and display quality but could be softer like the Toyota Avalon's. Headlamps are beautiful and makes the Max look expensive. Love the Interior/Exterior design b/c it doesnt look like somethin u would see everywhere u go. This is our second max and hopefully will be just as reliable as the 1st and the other Nissan's that we have owned. The engine is a Top Notch...

Not the car Nissan claims it to be
By jessefrank on 01/07/06 01:02 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

If you are looking of a performance sedan I'd look elsewhere. Not bad, but the interior build quality steered me away after owning for 2.5 years. Also all that power isn't of any use if it can't get to the road. Despite my tire choices I still lost traction not only in the winter, but durning the summer with wet roads. Roads only have to be slightly wet to lose traction especaially on take-off. Car developed a harsh ride despite not handling all that well.