2003 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
dissapointed after reading reviews
By marpey on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Coach work very poor Door gasketing an after thought Power steering turning radius too large Rides hard crowded interior very overpriced for the quality A pre priced car Windows shake when half opened Body makes creeking noise when going slowly over pavement.

Great family hauler
By whidby on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Maxima and they keep getting better. Plenty of room for occupants and a joy to drive on the highways.

Want a fun ride, take it to the MAX
By Mikie/mkaplan on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

No car is perfect! It’s neither the perfect luxury sedan nor sports sedan. Its a car that has the best of both worlds. What a car! A beautiful Fit & Finish; Leather; Heated Seats, Mirrors, Steering Wheel; 6CD Bose Sound; E/C Rearview Mirror; Electric Seats; Sunroof; Key fob that lowers windows; etc… But most of all, those lovely Xenon HID Headlights; seeing is believing. Powerful engine & a tranny that shifts smoothly. The car handles wonderfully & holds the curves great. The Maxima is just a wonderful car.

Nissan Driven
By jpier on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Super car. I owned a Pontiac Grand Am prior to this vehicle. Nissan may have earned my business for every car I buy from here on.

Great Value, ALOT of car
By OD on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I walked into the Nissan dealer "kind of" interested in a car. When I drove it and compared it to simiilar vehicles with the same options, the Nissan was about 5-7K less. The car is a great value. I purchased the SE with BOSE, leather and the MSRP was about 30K, I got the car for 25K. At the time, I also got 3.9% financing over 60 months. The car got 28 MPG on a recent drive to the beach. In the 5 hour drive, I was comfortable and enjoyed the passing power. Interior looks great. I considered the Altima, but hated the interior.

Great Awsome car
By Itsy Bitsy Spyder on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Cant Buy Anything better for this price range

Nice Car
By Sobhan on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Its a good car with very powerful engine,makes driving a pleasure and very stable even at high speeds about 100 mph.we can get optional features etc at reasonable price

The best car in America
By the nissanator on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

there is nothing better than the maxima. It gives you a little bit of both worlds, the luxury and the performance. is the best car I've ever owned. Nissan keep doing what you're doing, because in a couple of years Nissan is gonna be better than Honda and Toyota

Great Car for the $
By Peacock on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Looking at other cars in the class - Acura, Audi, Saab etc for $10K less the Maxima is the best bargin out there. 255 HP is plenty, infact I call this family car STUPID FAST, The ride is smooth, the cornering is great. Compared to the other two Altima SE's that I have owned this is a huge step up in fit and finish as well as creature comforts. The 6 spd is fine, although I have not had too many chance to wind the thing up where 6th gear is needed. Acceleration is excellent and stability while accelerating is good for a front wheel drive car. For $21K it is a steal, yes $21K not the sticker $27K...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CAR AT A GREAT PRICE!!!
By Bpool421 on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best sedan on the market right now, and has been the best sedan on the market for the last three or four years. The engine, drivetrain, and suspension make this the easiest and most painless buy in the automotive world. I would pay even more than I actually did for a Maxima.