2003 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: 2003 Nissan Maxima GLE

2003 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

2003 Nissan Maxima GLE
By MrT on

2003 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this car. It has plenty of power, a roomy, comfortable interior, handles reasonably well, and does well in the snow. I bought this car used in 2006 with ~60k miles. It now has 95k. In that time, besides routine maintenance, I've only had to replace the interior fan assembly which started making an annoying noise shortly after I bought it. It cost approximately $400 to replace. My friend has an Xterra which had a similar problem. The previous owner had taken out the stereo system so I got whatever the dealer put in. I'm not an audiophile, but would say it's got an adequate sound system. My wife's 2006 Toyota 4- runner has a better sounding system.

The big engine pulls when I need it and does great over mountain passes without having to work too hard. Comfortable heated leather seats AND steering wheel are a nice touch. Fold down rear seats are convenient. Trunk will hold a lot.

TURNING RADIUS IS TERRIBLE!!! This is the only thing keeping me from considering another one. I've always owned smaller cars (Civic, Mustang)so that could be part of it, but my wife's 4-runner has a smaller turning radius than the Maxima. U-turns require three lanes.