2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Feel the force
By Ntense1 on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

As you enter the Maxima the true pleasure of power exudes from the very enviroment of the interior of the SE model. This feeling of power is reinforced the first time you push the gas pedal. Irritaed by the guy in front of you?? Give the gas pedal a twitch and look behind you for his expression. The Maxima is to the driving experience that sugar is to a child. GIVE ME MORE!!!!!

Should I have gone Passat 4 Motion?
By northstarme on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Maxima because it is sportier than the Passat4M, as well as a little bit less expensive. The problem which is not the cars fault, is after driving it around for 2 weekes and racking 2000 miles, I find my self asking " do I really like Japanese cars? It is definately cheaper inside and out, the handling is ok, not as good a feel as the Passat, but most of all it just seems to lack a personality? It does everything well, looks great but do I crave to get behind the wheel...sadly no. It is a good basic car, but more like an auotmaotive robot vs a trusted old friend that I can't wait to play with in some fun road.

Gangsta
By Jiggy323 on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wasnt sure if i shuld wait for the new Honda accord or get the maxima. But after the test drive....the choice was clear. Also the exterior of the maxima was soo much more appealing than the honda. IT was also more spacious. The ride can get rough sometimes in the SE.

awesome car
By maxlover90056 on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Solid car. Fast, tight handling. I love it. Well made. Everything feels quality and well designed. 255hp, what more can you ask for.....

2002 GLE
By jetdoc on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It has been six months since we purchased our '02 GLE and we have been very happy with it. We even added the rear spoiler to the car so it looks like the SE.

New 03 Blue Max SE
By Kthomp100 on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After getting rid of my 1999 Lexus GS 300 (liked it, was just time for something new), drove my 01 GMC truck for several months while I did research on the under 30K sports sedans. Maxima wins hands down. Bought a Majestic blue metallic with black leather SE with all the options. This is a solid, well built car and even though I have not "stepped on it" yet, I know the power is plentiful and just waiting to be pushed. This car for about 13,000 less that the Lexus has almost every feature the Lex did AND more comfortable back seats.

Disappointed yet Xtatic
By Disap'tdYetXtatic on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bot a '03 GLE. Felt great to ride until I heard terrible knocking sounds on every bump second day of driving. Dealer says the Rear Shocks are defective and requires replacement. Very disappointed!!!!:( For the money I am paying, I have spent more time at the dealer than in the car. I dono if I have a lemon in my hand. I expect Quality from Nissan and If I am not getting it for the price I paid, I should probably sue them. Should I demand the car to be replaced??

Riding in comfort and style
By Eileen on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Having driven a mini van for 10 years followed by a Jeep Cherokee for five years, I'm fully pleased and impressed with my new Maxima! There isn't anything I don't like about it. I would recommend this car to everyone.

Shame On Nissan
By Lorenzo W on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just Purchased my vehicle and loved it for the 3 days I had it in one piece. To My horror, I walk outside on the 4th day to see my HID headlights are GONE! After filing a complaint at the police staion, I find that this is an ongoing problem with Nissan's design. The Lights are easy to pop out and the car horn (alarm) can easily be disconnected by sticking your hand in the front grill and pulling the wire. NISSAN, WHAT WERE YOUR DESIGNERS THINKING OF?! To top it off, the Nissan Parts and service station charge over $4,000 to replace the bulbs (at $750 a piece).

Luv My GLE
By DWS56 on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the 2003 GLE in July. The test drive sold me. This car is fun to drive!! I'm impressed with it's acceleration in the 40-70 MPH range. Great for interstate driving. Hang on if you're going to drop the hammer on this baby. Solid Solid car. My wife loves it.