2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
best car
By john6789 on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

best car for the money

Japanese Sports Sedan
By 03Max on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the car for a little over a week now and all I can say is WOW!! The acceleration is unreal and the fit and finish is top notch. Bose stereo is second only to Lexus' Mark Levinson. Got a great deal(bought at invoice) and the whole dealer experience was excellent, will definitely buy the '04 when it debuts.

Should have bought an Acura
By Paclark01 on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

High points of this vehicle are the VQ 255 hp engine available mated to a 6- speed manual transmission. In addition the seating position for the driver is very good and is comfortable for 6 foot individuals. Exterior styling is attractive especially with the 17" wheels. Low points notchy shift feel. The clutch has been replaced 4 times and 2 transmissions have been installed, and Nissan service departments are horrible. Resale value is the pits...I would advise leasing instead of purchasing this vehicle.

Dr. Nismo's Maxima
By Pete1234 on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car, 2003 Titanium edition Maxima SE. Fast, handles decent. Real power isn't until 3-5k RPM. Car has some much torque its an upper body workout. Only 1 problem, my left front Bose speaker keeps going in and out, dealer said they will replace it. Also Bose Subwoofer is distorted. Dealer said there is a "bulletin" out about this problem and can be fixed in a few hours. Apparently there add some foam or something. Not happy w/ the Bose. The 6 CD in dash works fine, speakers sound like Kmart audio. Car is nice and big inside. Dash is a little weird, the clock is deep into the windshield. The SE handles like a shopping cart over bumps.

A Lemon in the Making
By Dave00 on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was the most disappointing purchase of my life. During its early months, it had brake, electrical system and ignition faliure. The car spent most of its ealry life in the shop (with only some of the repairs being covered under warranty). When I took the car in (at 4000 miles complaining that the power windows made lots of noise when trying to raise and lower them, I was told that I should deal with it as "all cars are unique"). Great service, eh?!? I just recently sold the car (which has almost NO resell value, by the way) and purchased an Acura TL. If you want power AND quality, Acura is the way to go.

Best under $30 sports sedan
By BAW on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Let's face it - there is no other sports sedan of this caliber under $30K. Nissan tried it with the Altima and that thing is sooo cheap it's scary. The only real downside is that it has more power than the handling permits - you need to toss the tires right away as a start.

SPEED, LUXURY, and all the goodies!
By ATOice on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

You've got to be kidding me, LEXUS IS? Not even worth it. This bad boy would smoke all in its class. I looked at the Lexus IS 300, Maxima SE, and Acura 3.2 CL Type-S. Bang for the buck, Maxima is the way to go. I torched the tires in second gear going up an Hill at a 50 Degree angle and it ran as well as my Supercharged Integra. If it weren't for love and kids, I would keep it, but instead, I am getting a sports car for me, and a family car for the family. Save yourself over 8 thousand dollars and get the Maxima, you will be doing yourself a favor. You will enjoy the interior (comfort), exterior (looks), and performance (Speed and handling).

It's a Little Bumpier than I had Hoped
By BellmorePole on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The exterior of my 2003 Nissan Maxima GLE is an extremely sharp looking vehicle. All interior controls and dials are handy . The climate control fans are noisy until the internal cockpit reaches the set temperature. The front seating is roomy and the leather seats are very comfortable. The rear seats provide enough legroom for any passenger. Acceleration is excellent. It reaches 60 mph faster than promised. I did expect a ride that was smoother than I am experiencing to date from the GLE. The dealer felt that the tire pressure might be of fault but when checked for my 3 month checkup by Nissan it was determined to be the correct psi in all the tires.

Had to buy another GLE!
By Jetguy on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car from a dealer about 1 hour away. Traded our 2000 GLE with 34k miles. This '03 did not disappoint. The ride was just as smooth as the '00. The added features, memory seats and 6 cd changer, were welcomed as standards. The extra 33HP make the car seem to relax more when accelerating.

No Contest
By 02Maxima on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After three months of driving, the 2002 Nissan Maxima SE is definitely the premier, under $30k, non-luxo sedan. The navigation system is easy to use, the seats are supportive yet comfortable, and the power alone could sell the car. Push it hard, push it soft, no matter how this Maxima is driven it accelerates effortlessly, the automatic shifts smoothly, and with all this driving mileage stays at a good rating (currently averaging 24 mpg, the EPA rating seems to be under cutting the Maxima).