2003 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: 03SE Ti Goes Like Stink!

2003 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

03SE Ti Goes Like Stink!
By Maxim(a)Serj on

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been a lovely companion. The interior materials sing of quality and despite some cheaper parts (no true aluminum inserts) I find myself criticizing other car's interiors for not being as good. The Car will Surge and accelerate like a Bat from Hades all the way past 120 (even in the auto!) and if you can be gentle on the pedal; MPG can go from 26-32MPG (use premium for best results) The rear headroom is a bit tight for 6+ footers; thus the 9 on interior. I also downmarked the performance only because stock handling is harsh with too much lean. Selectable shocks and Performance swaybar WILL solve this. The Interior is also too noisy for me(prolly the Michelin Pilots I put on)anymore

Favorite Features

Marvelous VQ Engine!! Xenon Headlamps; "shadow chrome" Ti Edition Rims, Polished Aluminum kick plates. Interior Textures and thick plastics. Subtle exterior styling and despite other's opinions I love the clear tail lamp bezels. they look very sharp and appear aftermarket on my Black Beauty.

Suggested Improvements

Most of the improvements have already been cared for on the 2007 models EXCEPT having an AWD option or RWD; and they need a Killer 6-speed Auto like GMs as opposed to the CVT. After the 03s; the 04+ models have a tail that resembles a Saturn Ion. Return to the thicker interior Plastics PLEASE!!