2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
03 Maxima GXE
By cd9403max on 04/27/12 19:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second max, first one still have 94 with 264,000 km and engine/trans tops. Only have 62,000 km on 03 and now first major repair, brakes all around. Got this as last Japanese made one and was afraid of quality control with 04 on. I may be wrong with the 04's on. This car takes off like a scared cat-make sure you are hanging on tight. I like the 94 more as it seems more roomer inside and with self adjusting shocks, real nice. However, very poor head lights-moved up to stronger ones to help. 03 lights, what an improvement over the 94.

Amazing!!
By I Love It on 03/11/08 19:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our Maxima for a while now. I was originally looking at the Accord, but after test driving my friend's, I scrapped the Honda idea. I had no idea it had that much power! The car is a rocketship when you want it to be. It is approaching 100k, and I have never had any problems with it. I am looking forward to having many more years of fun. It is a great car that can easily fit 4 adults and has a ton of trunk space for all of your stuff. I absolutely love my Maxima, and would buy it again in a heartbeat!

Style, Performance, Price
By Jason in St. Louis on 02/03/07 17:57 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drove a '90 Maxima to 175k w/ no major issues. I currently drive an '06 Altima SE-R. I was confident that the purchase of a well maintained '03 Maxima GLE wouldn't disappoint. Boy was I right. Very handsome design, plenty of power under the hood, and very well appointed for a car in it's price range. The car just feels solid and well engineered. I am slightly biased, but it's a car I highly recommend based on past and present Nissan ownership.

if I had known about the headlights...
By jennee on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have to admit that I am pleased with the Maxima overall; although I would have waited for the 2004 model though. I have had the car for about 8 months and it has been vandalized three times!! If you live in the Northeast, don't buy this car! It is in your best interest to buy the 2004 model or buy something else. The research was not available when I bought this car and I am sorry I bought it. When you pay up to $3500 for a pair of headlights you get a little bitter. It is a beautiful car but the headache is not worth it.

A Solid Car
By first nissan on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the GLE a few days ago. I test drove the BMW 325xi, the Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, and the Audi A4. I was actually on my way to the BMW dealership to buy the 325 (true story!) and for some reason or another i stopped in at the nissan dealership to check out the '04 maxima. I drove the 2004 and the 2003. Once I drove the 2003 I was sold. I bought the car right there on the spot. It drives much more smoothly than the other cars, plus you'll get much more bang for you buck with the fully loaded GLE. Consumer Reports rates it very high and so do I. A highly recommended car.

Best Performance Family Sedan
By mirth on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a family sedan that would be large enough cargo/seating- wise to meet my needs but wouldn't put me to sleep driving it. I looked at all the mid-size competition under $25K. Maxima was on the high end for interior amenities, and its powerful engine blew away every other contender.

2003 Maxima - THE GREATEST EVER !!!
By sillysal on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned 4 previous Nissan/Datsun products. This is the Best Ever!!! Fun, comfortable, spacious, and lots of power. Carried three grand children (one in a car seat) in the back with no problem. Good trunk size. Fair highway miles of about 25.5 on a 600 mile trip. Conveneint controls while driving. Have had great luck with previous products, Datsun 210 (15yrs 235,000mi), a 300ZX (Used-drove 5 yrs 160,000mi), King Cab Long Bed Pickup (18yrs 175,000mi), and currently own a Pathfinder (3yrs 70,000mi). All great. Expect great future performance with my new Maxima too.

Nissan Driven
By jpier on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Super car. I owned a Pontiac Grand Am prior to this vehicle. Nissan may have earned my business for every car I buy from here on.