2002 Nissan Maxima 3.5L V6 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Updated review

2002 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

Updated review
By adrian pineda on

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car four months ago. It has relieved me from driving my 2007 IS 350 out of leased miles. The real MPG is about 25 mpg hwy and I'm not an agressi. It is roomy and well-built. The engine has lots of power and a reasonable amount of torque. The quality of the leather is above average. It's nice to see that all the electric features still work @ 112k Mi. The ride is stiff thus noisy but not unlivable, I think it needs shocks. The color is a pearl white and it has aged gracefully. The '02 Maxima is a great solution for people who need to commute but don't like to drive smaller cars and still get mid 20's per gallon.

Favorite Features

This Maxima is a fully loaded SE version with every single option included except for navy. I like the mpg, the body style (I like boxy cars, sorry) I love the HIDs, the dash layout, the cold A/C and the exterior; it looks so outdated it's even handsome. I rate it over the '04-'08 which lacks grace

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, head beam lenses are prone to burn and fade quick making the car look cheap. The carpet needs better undercarpet for insulation and cushion; it looks cheap also. It drives like box on wheels but hey, it's an old platform. Premium sound doesn't sound premium at all.