Sexy and sleek, but a little noisy
By Mike on
2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
Overall this is my favorite car out of 12 that I have owned. I was immediately drawn to the power that comes from the amazing 3.5V6 in this car. My car has over 125K miles on it and the engine still purrs. My gripes have been with the build quality of the exhaust system. The flanges between the midpipe and the muffler have rusted and snapped TWICE. I've lowered the car and redone the suspension and although it's a little stiffer, this car is connected to the road better than ever before. Fuel economy is GREATLY improved now, I average about 50/50 highway city and get 25+ mpg most of the time on 87 octane.
Favorite Features
3.5L engine power (this is a sleeper car, lots of horses hidden inside), heated seats and steering wheel very nice in the winter! (the rare Meridian Edition package), Bose 6CD changer sounds pretty good for 02MY factory audio
Suggested Improvements
Rattle from subwoofer in rear deck and seats (there is an aftermarket fix for this), dual zone climate control, better stock tires(Bridgestone Potenza RE92's quickly replaced with Yokohama Avid V4S, MUCH better ride)