2002 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: One of the BEST

2002 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

One of the BEST
By jmsworth on

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great, The oil everyone's reporting being lost is due to a tiny rubber hose coming from the block to the oil filter, they used a cheap hose and EVERYONE has this issue. I replace it with a premium hose for about $2.99 at an auto parts store and viola, no more oil loss. My car had several performance modifications and was in the 400 hp range, 0-60 in under 4.3 sec. THE MOST SOLID CAR I EVER OWNED, I adore Japanese cars and American muscle as both are just full of potential. This maxima never went through tires, never overheated, never had ANY issues that were not product of my own doing. Most issues are due to lack of maintenance and car knowledge. Lost my Max in a car accident:(

Favorite Features

Loved the traction control, acceleration was top notch. I enjoyed how low it was to the ground, but never too low to do small repairs or check things out. The immobilization device was a life-saver, their were numerous attempts to steal the car, all in vain. Thank you Nissan. Safety issues were also abundant and wonderful. From running an 11 sec in 1/4 mile to taking my son to Nana's house this car was safe the entire time.

Suggested Improvements

A turbo edition maybe? Other than the obvious like why no coupe? I mean even Altima got a coupe version, why not MAX?