2002 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Keeps on going (FAST) w/140K!

2002 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

2002 Nissan Maxima

SE Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

Keeps on going (FAST) w/140K!
By jdub on

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

When I traded a 2000 Acura TL for the Maxima, it had about 25K miles. I drive about 30K per year and wanted something that had a lot of power with a manual transmission that also got decent gas mileage. Roominess was also important to me since I have a family. I got exactly what I was looking for, and the car now has about 140K miles. The Maxima is the perfect commuter for my needs. The V6 is amazing. I think it may be the best motor in any car I've ever driven. Torque is plentiful and available everywhere in the rev range. The 6 speed is not the slickest, but it keeps you involved, even though you do not have to work very hard shifting because of all of the torque. This is a great Q-ship.

V6 -- it is FAST and almost too silent. 6-speed manual transmission. Relatively light weight for size. Reliability has been good. Interior space. Luggage capacity. Good fuel economy given power and size of car.

Engine is nearly silent, but there is a lot of suspension and wind noise. Ride can be somewhat unrefined. Ride/handling combination could be better. Interior (specifically center stack) is a bit cheap in appearance.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review