2002 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Great car thus far

2002 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

Great car thus far
By lexmaxima on

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my used 2002 SE in 11/10. It had 60K on it when I bought it. It now has 70K on it and has been a great car thus far. It has 255 HP which is really good for a 4 door sedan. The auto dimming rearview mirror is nice as well as the homelink system. I am 6' 3'' and the legroom as well as headroom is quite adequate. The basckseat however is a bit cramped for taller passengers. The body side molding and the rear spoiler are nice touches I believe. The xenon headlamps that were upgraded for this model year are great, as well as the fog lights. This car really has great acceleration. the gas mileage is fair in the high teens around town. great car thus far.

Horsepower, auto dimming rearview mirror, homelink, spolier.

Turning radius on this car is awful. I had a '98 before this that was not great but better than this '02. This car has the turning radius of a buick which is kinda wild.
By ogdentiger
on 12/14/11 21:12 PM (PST)

Brought Automobile September 2002. 167,000miles currently. Change Oil regularly at least every 5,000 miles Mobile 1. I must add 2 or 3 quarts between changes, Coil and spark plugs have been changed 6mos past. Love the Autombile a 6 speed last one of last of it's kind.