7 years & still going
By derosa on
2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I purchased my Maxima new in January of 2003. It's the best car I've ever owned. I now have 168,000 miles on it. It's never been in the shop for any repairs except 2 small items that Nissan contacted me about that they did for free. I change the oil regularly with Mobil 1 synthetic 5W-30 & replace the oil filter & I have no oil leaks. I also change the coolant and transmission fluid every 50K miles. And I replace the air filter every 15K - 20K miles. Replace tires & brakes as needed. It has more than enough power. Great brakes and fantastic balanced ride. Plenty of room for 2 car seats in the back. My wife drives it mostly now & she loves it also. I will update when we reach 200K.
Favorite Features
Power, room, good looks & RELIABILITY!!! Do the maintenance & don't abuse it when you drive and it will last.
Suggested Improvements
My dislikes are as follows: drivers seat does not go down very far, wheels go out of balance too easily - so I buy very good tires & use a shop that does free rebalance. Rear suspension is not independent so rear can be a little jumpy over bumps and cornering is negatively effected by this also.