2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
2002 Nissan Maxima GLE Meredian Edition
By Ivan on 03/05/02 13:27 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is my opinion that the 2002 Nissan Maxima is the best sports sedan for under $30,000. You can't buy a better car for the money if you factor in all the options and excellent reliability of this vehicle. My wife has a 1996 Nissan Maxima GLE with over 100,000 miles and the only thing she replaced was an $18.00 halogen headlight. Now with more power (255hp) and torque, this car is a pleasure to drive.

My Max
By Lenita on 03/05/02 09:54 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The new Maxima is great to look at and drive, however, the third week my check engine soon light came on and it's a brand new car. That's scary, other than that I am in LOVE with the Max.

2002 Maxima SE
By Maxima on 03/04/02 18:26 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

After putting 205,000 nearly trouble free miles on my 1991 Maxima SE I figured buying a 2002 SE wouldn't be a bad choice. This car didn't disapoint. The enlarged 3.5 liter engine, while very thirsty for fuel, has the ability to really push you back in your seat. My '91 had some spunk, but it is nowwhere near the speedster this thing is. The standard Xenon headlights are fantastic.

For the family man who is not DEAD yet!
By Shawn on 03/04/02 11:26 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had a '92 maxima then an Acura Legend, now I have a 2002 Maxima! I am loving every second of it. This car is perfect for someone with a small family who stills needs to feel alive. When my wife asks me to go get something from the store i jump at the opportunity. This car is a pleasure to drive. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Great sheer performance
By Go Blue on 03/04/02 09:31 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Pros: Superior 255 HP engine. You canít beat this in the family sedan market. This car flies- great acceleration. Standard Xenon Headlamps. Very cool feature- gives your car luxury status. Great safety feature. Cons: Some people donít like clear tailights. Paint quality not that great- chips easily. Premium Bose stereo not worth the high price. Overall, more exciting than Accord or Camry. Not as pretty as the Passat, but much faster.

Poor man sport sedan
By GimmeTorq on 03/03/02 17:59 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The Nissan Maxima is a well built and solid family sedan. The "VQ" family of engines is considered one of the best V6 engines in the world.

Great Power
By PTNLGR on 03/02/02 19:43 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drove BMW's, Mercedes Benz's and the new ES 300 and for the money, you can not beat the Maxima. None of the more expensive cars had as much power, and the Maxima had all of the options, and more, that the big bucks cars. You owe it to yourself to drive this car if your in the market for a $30K or more auto. Not as much snob appeal, but easier on the wallet.

Nissan Maxima GLE
By rd on 03/02/02 18:54 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I only had the car for 3 months. boght it brand new. It is a great car. You don't hear it on the street. It is just the radio, no engine noise. Very quiet for a V6.

New 2k2 GLE
By pasquale/pscarponi on 03/02/02 11:23 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

As a previous Nissan owner, 95 Maxima, and 88 Pulsar, I was impressed by the reliability of my Nissans. Having been an owner of Fords, Chevy's and Plymouths I was easy to impress. My new 2k2 GLE appears to be as good as or better than my 95 GLX. I have not had any problems, defects, or quality defects (but I only have 1700 mi on it).

A Blast to Drive
By Franco-a on 03/02/02 09:26 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The title says it all. For the money, I challenge anyone to find a better combination of sports car handling, power, and utility. That is the Nissan Maxima. The Maxima has so impressed me that I will certainly consider a repeat buy when the time comes. For now, I will simply enjoy the fun. An impressive, well designed and well positioned, product.