2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
You may not be able to drive other cars
By che on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove the 02 Altima and was disapointed with its cheap interior quality. Then test drove the 02 Max. This baby flies; I knew I had to have it. IMHO it's the best car available for the money. I opted for the auto tranny despite my love for the 6 speed manual because the auto provides more than adequate response with its smooth intelligent shifting. The GLE will end up being cheaper than a similarly configured SE (I don't care for the rear spoiler) With Nissan offering the vehicle for $1000 under invoice, who could say no to such a deal with additional dealer discounts. '02 Max owner since early Feb 02.

Bargain
By Fazal on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is the most amazing thing in it's price range. The performance more than makes up for the few small problems with the rear end.

Floats over the road
By empress007 on 03/17/02 19:44 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the 2002 Maxima SE as a second choice to the Toyota Camry because the Camry seats were too short. To me, the styling of the Maxima is ugly but it is far superior to the Camry in terms of that old "driving excitement," not to mention the imperceptible transmission shifts, and a suspension that just floats down the road. Even the Maxima's seats can't compare to the Chrysler's.

The Best I Ever Had
By carz10 on 03/16/02 08:50 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought my Max 02 SE and have had for 3 weeks now. It is great. I am now a 4 time owner of a Maxima. Prevous I have owned a 1989 SE, 1993 SE and a 1995 SE. They just get better with time. What I like about the 02 is how quiet it is and the interior layout. The car feels tight, handles great, and needless to say with 255 HP it,s a bargin.

Great Car
By ilovecars on 03/14/02 23:18 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This Maxima is my third Nissan. I still have the other two and love them. Very reliable and well built automobiles. We have had the 2002 Maxima, with every option, about three weeks and love it. As for the Bose audio and Nagigation system, must have options, in my opinion. About two seconds after using the Nav System I was hooked. Wonderful piece of gagetry. I bought the car virtually site unseen. I did not even test drive one. Ride, handling and performance are above expectations. Heated steering wheel, worth it. The Maxima is truly a wonderful car! We love the Maxima's so much, my brother bought an almost identical car. His is a different color. :-)

WOW
By jmaxima on 03/14/02 01:38 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I looked and looked and Maxima was finally my choice. You can't beat the rebate and you can't beat what you get. Mine is a fully loaded SE. The ride is a little harsher than the GLE....but it's a sports car! The closest in price ans features would have to be the Acura TL Type S which to me feels like a much bigger car. When you compare you see you can't go wrong with MAX!

Can't afford a BMW M3?
By Paclark01 on 03/13/02 21:30 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am new to the Nissan experience. In all respect to the autombile, it is definitely a four door sports car. Fun to drive and crisp in handling. The six speed manual is notchy prior to it's 1,000 to 2,000 mile break in period, but after a smooth and gentle break in the car shifts smooth and precise. I will definitely recommend this vehicle to an individual who is considering an Acura TL-S. Nissan has given the Tl-S a run for it's money. Besides, who can beat a savings of up to $7,000?

Great car
By died4me on 03/13/02 21:27 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Maxima and I love it! Have only had it 2 days but expect to feel the same for a while. You can't beat the value! This car is loaded!!! Went to the dealer to look at the Altima but was not impressed with the ride and felt was a bit expensive when I considered that I could get a loaded GLE for a few bucks more.

New Maxima SE
By rmf on 03/13/02 13:33 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My new Maxima SE is a great car. The new engine offers tons of power, the ride on the SE was a little harsher than I had expected. In all this is a great car, if you are looking for a comfortable ride try the GLE. If sporty handling with great acceleration is what you need try the SE.

2002 Nissan Maxima
By Hayes Rembijas on 03/12/02 14:10 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I'v only had the car for a few months, but I'm enjoying every moment with it.