2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Solid Car
By kevin on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 02 Maxima SE rides very stiff. Much stiffer than I expected for a car this size. My 01 Maxima GXE is much more comforable with the softer suspension. However, the stiffness of the SE makes cornering much nicer without tire squeal. I've also noticed the back end of the car tends to skip or hop over rough surfaces in a straight line. This is probably due to the lack of independant rear suspension. My gas mileage for city driving has been about 18mpg. Overall, I love the car. It's got excellent space, all the features I need (except good stereo speakers), and plenty of horsepower. This is a very solid car, and no where near as bland as the camry or accord.

Great Value for the Money
By Ralph Cramden on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is dressed smartly. The attention to detail and design factors make this vehicle a stand-out. One does not need to spend in excess of $30,000.00 + dollars to drive a great engineered vehicle. Nissan's overall redesign plan first with Sentra, followed by the amazing Altima, etc. is reflective of the new Company leadership. The Pathfinder is scheduled for a redesign-{Larger}, Nissan will fill that gap with a Horizon type replacement, the Quest will be totally re-designed and manufactured by Nissan ( Previously manufactured via a joint relationship with Lincoln - Mercury Div. of Ford)..

sporty family car
By tothemaxima on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

For the money and ability to negotiate, nothing comes close. Great blend of performance with ride, comfortable for a sport-tuned car. It get a lot for the money.

Best driving enthusiast sedan for ~$30k!
By blueCrane on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

If you're someone who loves to drive but also in the market for a sedan with high build quality and reliablity for a very reasonable price (from $24k - $32k), then the Nissan Maxima is the car for you. For the hardcore driving fans who would miss their sports cars, Nissan even offers a 6speed manual transmission and HLSD (improves handling on twisty roads). The Maxima handles extremely well, and power delivery (255HP) is smooth and breathtaking!

A JAPANESE M-5
By CarGuy on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

EVEN THE LOCAL STATE POLICE LOVE THIS CAR. I ACTUALLY SAW ONE BEING PUT TO USE TO CATCH SPEEDERS. IT'S A CAR THAT GIVES YOU MORE FOR YOUR MONEY AND THAT'S ALWAYS A WINNING FORMAULA. THANKS NISSAN FOR BUILDING THE CAR I WROTE TO YOU ABOUT.

ankur's review
By tnivana on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Awesome!

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 3.5 6sp
By robert morrison on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a blast to drive! It has more power and better performance than my 1989 Mustang GT. Build quality is first rate. Luxury features like trip computer, dual memory driver seat, homelink, nav. system, and dual front/ side air bags, now make it compete in the luxury sedan segment. GREAT CAR!!!

Second Maxima
By Hunterct on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Anyone looking for a great sports car with a reasonable price should look at the Maxima. This is my second one and I love it. I paid well under 30K for a loaded SE, I can't believe all you get for that price. You would pay almost 40K for a similar equiped BMW or Lexus. My only compliant is the ride is a little harsh, but I can overlook that as the rest of the car more than makes up for it.

Excellent Car
By Caramel_Goodie on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car handles great. Loaded with standard equipment, and just all around solid. Once I test drove this car i decided to go ahead and let the lease on my 1999 Volvo S80 T6 come to an end. This car has a very smooth ride, unlike the T6, which also cost a heck of a lot more. Nissan has really done a good job on this car, keep up the good work Nissan.

buy of the year
By florida fred on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, very fast and you will have to spend 20k more to beat it.