2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Great car!
By jlar on 10/01/09 11:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Maxima for 3 years. Purchased with 184 000 Kilometers on it and now has over 245k. It has awesome power, comfortable ride, great features. Really no complaints. Only issue I had was an engine light that was related to an oil pressure sensor. Engine light would stay out for 3 months and then come on everytime i changed the oil. didn't hinder the performance at all.

The perfect car
By hotberyshocker on 12/14/06 10:46 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is extremely nice and fun to drive. It has everything and I love it!!!

Once you go Japanese you never go back
By jjln on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This one has get up and go. Interior and exterior styling excellent. Ride is good, front hood shakes a bit on hwy. I like the ride and the look of the vehicle. The v 6 is great however it does det 21 mpg, which relly isnt that bad considering the size and power of vehicle. I will buy again. Plus dealer service is great. Never will I buy an american car again.

Stabbin''
By Governor on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. The horsepower is great. It gets to 100 in no time at all.

2002 Nissan Maxima GXE
By SteveR on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent value. One of the best engines I've seen, very powerful, yet quiet and refined. I like the ext. styling and the interior is comfortable. It was between this and the Toyota Camry V6-I felt the Camry was more comfy inside, yet I like the Maxima's performance and ext. styling. I would also consider the 2003 Accord. The only complaints are wind noise at highway speeds (sounds like the rear passenger window is slightly rolled down), having to turn on the cruise control every time the car is started, and the beep of the horn when locking the vehicle. I highly recommend this car.

its a great car
By jeffery on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

its has a very powerfull v6 and verry comfortable its fuel economy is great. nissans build quality cars that last forever

Best Mid-Size Sedan for under $25K
By mirth review on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Compared to the other competitors in the mid-size sedans under $25K category, Maxima provides the best combination of performance, reliability, luxury, and convenience. I researched this against all it's competitors: 1. Camry/Accord/Taurus - way too boring 2. Passat - nice, but the engine is anemic. 3. Impala - questionable styling 4. Intrepid/Concorde - too boaty, reliability questions 5. Grand Prix - don't care for Pontiac's styling inside or out

2 Time Maxima Owner
By JJ on 02/26/02 22:24 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I can't believe how low the Maxima is rated! This is my second Max. I previously had a 00 and now a 02. The 02 is improved over the 00. It's a little quicker, 5 spoke mag wheels, xeon headlights, interior improvements, and other mechanical improvements, too many to mention here. The only con thing is the rear suspension. The rear shimmies if you hit a bad bump.