Used 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Can't let it go...
By joshua38104

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Maxima with, If I remember correctly about 85k miles. I now have 130K 2 yrs later. Ive had to replace a set of tires, the radiator, the battery and now a minor oil leak. Sounds bad, but it's a used car and was more than likely its timing. With that being said I love this car. Ive thought about a new car but when I look around I compare other cars to my Maxima. Mine is a beautiful color (bluish) with leather seats that are in terrific condition, 6-disc CD player (that needs replacing bc the factory one is crappy) and a sunroof. No leaks. Keyless entry. MPG could be better but not too bad. This car runs and runs fast! Powerful engine. Love LOVE this car!

Keyless entry

MPG and factory CD player

An outstanding car
By 03passatguy

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned our 2002 Maxima GLE since it was new. It's been a bull: smooth, comfortable, reliable. Next to nothing to fix - except the CD player - outside of normal maintenance. We still own it. It still drives beautifully. Congratulations, Nissan.

Six cylinder, great power, very good gas mileage - average on the road is still over 30. Comfy tires, good handling, braking. Nice leather. No complaints. As a new and now aging car, it's been a dream. 99,000 miles and counting.

CD player has been a hassle. Very unfortante. Turning radius is awful. Many complaints from others, too.

2002 Maxima GLE
By 2002maximachic

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car (model/year) - bought in Dallas with 84K and it runs great with 171k now. Just recently I found that during heavy traffic it slips a little. It sort of goes with oil but got that fix. I don't know anything about buying transmissions but where do you start to figure the cost?

Durability, Style, Cabin - great size!

Turning radius needed improvment on this model but it runs good.

Great Motor Wrapped in Crappy Exterior
By vq35de1

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I didn't buy this car out of love for Nissan or the Maxma, I just wanted a big sedan with creature comforts for not much money. This fulfilled that need. Granted, the car IS ten years old now but in the two years that I've owned it I've gone through 4 rear calipers, a new radiator, an O2 sensor, trailing arm bushings, and much, much more - I would say I've spent over $4,000 in repairs thus far. The other thing is this fantastic motor (not sarcasm)0 uses oil and gets piss poor MPG in any kind of mixed driving.

Comfort and convenience items, the VQ engine.

Rear caliper design DOES NOT WORK, need new design if it's going to last.

2002 maxima gle
By max

2002 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car in 2006 with like 49k now I have only 67k and I have mixed feelings about it is just not the way everybody think it is.Good thing it is loaded with heating steering wheel which is nice heated seats and much more features but it has so many downside things that I would not buy it again. Start with turning radius it is like an old Russian Lada than torque steer terrible than trany is going out at 67k almost gone than my struts in the front bad $1000 at least to fix them and I don't want to forget the wind noise is terrible, worse than my 90 Camry so in the other way don't buy it

HID Xenons bose 255 hp are good

Mpg 17 mpg 70% highway driving and 30% city not so proclaimed Japanese reliable car.