Used 2002 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Can't let it go...
By joshua38104

2002 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Maxima with, If I remember correctly about 85k miles. I now have 130K 2 yrs later. Ive had to replace a set of tires, the radiator, the battery and now a minor oil leak. Sounds bad, but it's a used car and was more than likely its timing. With that being said I love this car. Ive thought about a new car but when I look around I compare other cars to my Maxima. Mine is a beautiful color (bluish) with leather seats that are in terrific condition, 6-disc CD player (that needs replacing bc the factory one is crappy) and a sunroof. No leaks. Keyless entry. MPG could be better but not too bad. This car runs and runs fast! Powerful engine. Love LOVE this car!

Keyless entry

MPG and factory CD player

pearly white
By stubdew

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car i have had 2000 gle 2001 and now the 2002 maxima se love the style of this car and comfort

all the interior

heated seats cloth,,,,,don't care much for leather

Fast and good looking but eats oil
By lostinfresno

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Maxima in 2011 with 106000 car runs great and fast when using premium fuel. Mine has needed strus since the day I bought it. I have put 27K on it and i'm putting KYB strus on. My mechanic said the monroe struts are too weak for a cra of this performance level. Hard to believe my car burns 2 qts every 1k miles. With that said this car runs strong will fry the tires in first and second gear. I have replaced the factory stereo (that was junk) The interior is roomy and trunk is cavernous. I love the Zeon headlights most cars from 2002 don not have these in this price range I have replaced the radiator because the plastic tank developed a pin hole Still have original clutch

6 speed manual 17inch wheels

I hope Nissan has addressed the oil consumption because they still use this engine in a lot of vehicles

2002 Nissan Maxima
By zawada

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle, i would highly recommend it. It was very reliable and had an amazing engine. Perform regular maintenance and this car will not let you down. Only draw back was the poor MPG and recommendation for premium fuel

Xneon lights, spacious...but best feature was the HEATED STEERING WHEEL!

Hated the orange blinkers on the side of the vehicle, had to change those to clear lights

An outstanding car
By 03passatguy

2002 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned our 2002 Maxima GLE since it was new. It's been a bull: smooth, comfortable, reliable. Next to nothing to fix - except the CD player - outside of normal maintenance. We still own it. It still drives beautifully. Congratulations, Nissan.

Six cylinder, great power, very good gas mileage - average on the road is still over 30. Comfy tires, good handling, braking. Nice leather. No complaints. As a new and now aging car, it's been a dream. 99,000 miles and counting.

CD player has been a hassle. Very unfortante. Turning radius is awful. Many complaints from others, too.