Used 2002 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

pearly white
By stubdew

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car i have had 2000 gle 2001 and now the 2002 maxima se love the style of this car and comfort

Favorite Features

all the interior

Suggested Improvements

heated seats cloth,,,,,don't care much for leather

Fast and good looking but eats oil
By lostinfresno

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Maxima in 2011 with 106000 car runs great and fast when using premium fuel. Mine has needed strus since the day I bought it. I have put 27K on it and i'm putting KYB strus on. My mechanic said the monroe struts are too weak for a cra of this performance level. Hard to believe my car burns 2 qts every 1k miles. With that said this car runs strong will fry the tires in first and second gear. I have replaced the factory stereo (that was junk) The interior is roomy and trunk is cavernous. I love the Zeon headlights most cars from 2002 don not have these in this price range I have replaced the radiator because the plastic tank developed a pin hole Still have original clutch

Favorite Features

6 speed manual 17inch wheels

Suggested Improvements

I hope Nissan has addressed the oil consumption because they still use this engine in a lot of vehicles

2002 Nissan Maxima
By zawada

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle, i would highly recommend it. It was very reliable and had an amazing engine. Perform regular maintenance and this car will not let you down. Only draw back was the poor MPG and recommendation for premium fuel

Favorite Features

Xneon lights, spacious...but best feature was the HEATED STEERING WHEEL!

Suggested Improvements

Hated the orange blinkers on the side of the vehicle, had to change those to clear lights

An outstanding car
By 03passatguy

2002 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned our 2002 Maxima GLE since it was new. It's been a bull: smooth, comfortable, reliable. Next to nothing to fix - except the CD player - outside of normal maintenance. We still own it. It still drives beautifully. Congratulations, Nissan.

Favorite Features

Six cylinder, great power, very good gas mileage - average on the road is still over 30. Comfy tires, good handling, braking. Nice leather. No complaints. As a new and now aging car, it's been a dream. 99,000 miles and counting.

Suggested Improvements

CD player has been a hassle. Very unfortante. Turning radius is awful. Many complaints from others, too.

2002 Maxima GLE
By 2002maximachic

2002 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car (model/year) - bought in Dallas with 84K and it runs great with 171k now. Just recently I found that during heavy traffic it slips a little. It sort of goes with oil but got that fix. I don't know anything about buying transmissions but where do you start to figure the cost?

Favorite Features

Durability, Style, Cabin - great size!

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius needed improvment on this model but it runs good.