2001 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: This is a keeper

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Review

This is a keeper
By CaptainD on

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased my 2001 Nissan Maxima new and roughly four years later I am still enjoying the drive. it has a strong engine (227HP) and excellent and brakes. its transmission is the most irratating item. Its shifts are not as crisp or predictable under certanin driving conditions as I would expect in a sports-oriented sedan. It provides a high level of comfort and convenience. The only quality issue was the leather on the drivers' seat side bolster wore through from sliding across it or snagging on cell phoneThis was a $200 repair, but now it is like new. The seat is only partially covered with leather, most of it is vinyl. The Bose sound system is supurb! I am experiencing an annoying groan / squeak from dash area that I can't locate. My overall evaluation is that this ia a great vehicle for the money.

Stout motor .. great torque and quick launch

Five (six) speed auto with sport mode and AWD since this thing will light up the tires on dry pavement under a hard launch!