The best family sport sedan under $30K
By Nostoc on
2001 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
After driving this car for a year, here's what a test drive won't tell you:
1. The suspension is not so stiff as it might first appear. Over time I have found the ride to be quite smooth.
2. Ergonomics of the console are a marvel.
3. Design of the cabin is very airy and inviting.
4. 200 watt Bose sound system is wonderful.
5. Steering feel a bit heavy.
6. Look forward every day to driving. Don't regret passing over the Passat.
Highly refined, quiet and powerful engine.
Incredibly comfortable driver's seat.
Plenty of passenger room.
High quality interior materials except for cheap plastic feel of cupholder cover and sunglasses holder.
Bit more power assist to the steering (although driving enthusiasts might disagree).