After driving this car for a year, here's what a test drive won't tell you:
1. The suspension is not so stiff as it might first appear. Over time I have found the ride to be quite smooth.
2. Ergonomics of the console are a marvel.
3. Design of the cabin is very airy and inviting.
4. 200 watt Bose sound system is wonderful.
5. Steering feel a bit heavy.
6. Look forward every day to driving. Don't regret passing over the Passat.
Highly refined, quiet and powerful engine.
Incredibly comfortable driver's seat.
Plenty of passenger room.
High quality interior materials except for cheap plastic feel of cupholder cover and sunglasses holder.
Bit more power assist to the steering (although driving enthusiasts might disagree).
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.