Rocket Update
By rudepuppy on
2001 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
Original review 02-14-2003. A very good car, now with 64,000 miles. I dropped my comfort rating from 9 to 8 because I have tired of the firm ride. Economy rating from 9 to 8 because we avg. 24 mpg, down from 27 mpg first 3 years. Quality rating from 10 to 9 - anyone else have peeling paint? I washed the car this week, and paint is coming off the hood in quarter sized pieces - NOT GOOD! We'll see how Nissan stands behind their cars now.
Favorite Features
Still love the power, but wind and road noise is noticable now. Roomy, but back seat passengers say seat too firm; however, they don't get carsick. 6 speaker stereo is clear, but now distorting on deep base. Interior style fresh, but creaks and rattles. Hey, I expect a lot from a car made in Japan.
Suggested Improvements
Repairs to date: pwr. window switch (under warranty), shifter lockout relay ($5, but time consuming), wheel bearing failed ($80 for spindle assy.)I was able to do all the work, so the car has cost VERY LITTLE to drive. I'm pleased with the car, but Nissan has not made me a firm believer.