LOVE my Maxima
By eric_n26 on
2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my 01 Maxima SE with every available option ($31,500 sticker) from the original owner in 2007 with 106k miles on it. It just rolled over to 145k miles and I know it would run to 200k easily. Things I love about this car are the sports-sedan styling, the extremely powerful and silky V6, it's good interior space, & high-quality fit and finish. My car has been very reliable and the engine and tranny are great. To date, I've had to fix a rear ABS wheel sensor, the catalytic converter, new alternator, and a hinge and spring for the fuel door rusted off. It is also starting to rust where the rear plastic bumper meets the metal body frame on both sides of the car, leaving orange-ish stains
Favorite Features
Things I love about this car are the sports-sedan styling, the extremely powerful and silky V6, it's good interior space, & high-quality fit and finish. I also like that, at 11 years old, it still looks much more expensive than it is.
Suggested Improvements
First, my car gets terrible mpg. I only get about 17mpg city and 25 hwy. Second, this is likely due to the 17 sport tires I have on it (and 17in tires are VERY expensive and harder to find bc they are an odd size), but my car is horrible in even the lightest dusting of snow on the ground. I have had many scary moments driving it. Third, the drivers side door arm rest has almost no padding and it really kills my elbows on longer drives. Other than that a few cheap plastic interior bits, AMAZING car.