I love this car
By John on
2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
Purchased new in 2001 (built in Japan), low mileage (55k), regular maintenance, well cared for, interior great. In six years, not a single item has failed and have only replaced crappy stock Potenzas tires. New Yoko Avid 4Vs great all season performer. Driving on snow and ice still marginal,but not designed for ice/snow performance. Ergonomics are excellent, cockpit is well designed and comfortable. Bose sounds great. I drive spirited and the 5 speed w/3.0 liter V6 (legendary engine) offers excellent performance and descent fuel economy 22/27. Not a drop of oil in engine compartment. Will need brakes soon and other 60k maintenance. I love this car and will keep it for years. Excellent value.
Favorite Features
Excellent layout. Great looking gauges. Everything easy to reach and view. 8-way power seat awesome for road trip. Engine power/performance, interior features the best for a sports sedan under $25k. Bose sounds great (no problem with subwoof) Climate control/steering wheel audio controls excellent
Suggested Improvements
Exterior design not the best. Looks okay but suffers from the "ugly-rear end". I think later years have addressed styling issues. Cabin noise, tire whine higher than average on concrete surfaces.