2001 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: I love the Nissan Maxima!

2001 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

I love the Nissan Maxima!
By jrmj72 on

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was reluctant to get a Maxima because I had a Ford Mustang GT and a Chevrolet Camaro Z28 just before the Maxima. The Z28 would blow the Maxima and the Mustang away...but the Maxima has the same horsepower as my 1996 GT and it is a higher quality car. I am very glad I purchased the Maxima and Nissan now has a loyal customer...

I really like the styling of the 20th Anniversary model. It looks so much better than the other Maximas. I love the fact that you can find a Maxima with a standard/manual transmission. That was one of the main reasons I chose maxima over Acura and other similar cars. Next car: Infin G35.

Why do all car makers use those plastic headlight covers? I have had a 1990 Mustang GT and a 1997 Mazda Mx-6. Both of them had plastic headlight covers that turned yellow after a few years. Now it looks like the headlight covers on my Maxima are not as clear as glass covers would be....