2001 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: I'm a mechanic :)

2001 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

I'm a mechanic :)
By majsterMAX on

2001 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Being a mechanic for Acura I get to drive a great deal of cars, used to work for other car companies and even Nissan- having owned 3 so far- my old 90 SE 5spd Max had 340K miles, I went right for the 01 GXE 5spd with intention of NOT keeping it stock and trying to see how long it will run redlined every chance it gets, even with burning tires right off the dealer lot with 2 miles on the ODO at 63K now its only gotten oil changes and tranny fluid changes-2 so far- Redline MTL90. I autocross this big boat and road race it-its fully modified.

VQ30DE engine, 5spd tranny, stealth look, reliablilty over ANY car out there, I get to drive a great deal of cars, Nissan rules- over 500K miles under my belt so far.

make overdrive a little taller, tachs 2400 in 5th at 60 or add a 6th gear. Make Limited slip an option, IRS in the rear, can't say nothing about tires since I have 5 sets of wheels and tires.