Happy at first, but only at first.
By Bob on
2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I was happy about a year ago when I bought the car with 22,000 miles on it. I thought the car was very comfortable , powerful, and looked great. After a while I noticed the suspension was very noisy and the brakes were grinding and squealing. Well, after 4 different shops and finally going to Nissan I finally had quiet brakes and rotors $750 later. A Week later a wheel bearing went (also costly). Then the windshield starting leaking, which has now discolored the headliner and now sometimes the car acts as if it doesn't want to crank like the starter is going to die. Now the check engine light is on. The leather seats are also cracking after taking excellent care of them!
Favorite Features
Bose stereo when the sub isn't rattling. Powerful engine. Looks very sporty for a 4Door.
Suggested Improvements
Better quality leather. take the rattle out of the sub so you can actually turn it up. Better quality parts, suspension and brakes sound like my '71 VW Beetle. Will not be buying another Nissan, going back to Toyota or Honda products after I sell this thing.