Great all-around performance car
By dude_472 on
2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I love this car and never doubt that it will perform in extreme situations. I go through front tires every year so you can imagine how aggressively I drive it. I had this car at very high speeds, including turns, and never lost control; it slides beautifully through the turn. The suspension seems soft and suspect on turns, but the compression is set nicely so that it holds...just have to get the feel. No problems with the engine after 50000 hard miles. I've gone through 3 sets of breaks and 14 tires already ($$$) but that was my fault, not the car's. There really isn't much you can be unsatisfied with for the money. Had it for 4 years and plan to keep it for 4 more or so (sell@100K).
Favorite Features
Suspension and engine reliability. It really seems as though it will be running strong after 150K miles no matter how hard I drive it. I like the body style too. Drives really nice...
Suggested Improvements
I purchase high perf.all-season radials (Nitto) now at nearly half the cost of the Potenza stock tire (summer tire). They last longer & handle so much better in the rain and snow. Nissan should offer some choices here on purch., or at least make sure custs. are aware of the situatation and options.