2001 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
best car easily destroys the accord
By Mensur Pjetrovic on 02/08/05 19:23 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

this car is the sickest car ive ever driven it plus i added a cold air intake which really makes the car pull off the line as if it needed more power steering and cornering is excellent driving a 2000 accord ex v6 gold (hayat) and i have to say the maxima outperforms it.

I love the Nissan Maxima!
By jrmj72 on 01/15/05 14:58 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was reluctant to get a Maxima because I had a Ford Mustang GT and a Chevrolet Camaro Z28 just before the Maxima. The Z28 would blow the Maxima and the Mustang away...but the Maxima has the same horsepower as my 1996 GT and it is a higher quality car. I am very glad I purchased the Maxima and Nissan now has a loyal customer...

This is a keeper
By CaptainD on 01/01/05 14:45 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased my 2001 Nissan Maxima new and roughly four years later I am still enjoying the drive. it has a strong engine (227HP) and excellent and brakes. its transmission is the most irratating item. Its shifts are not as crisp or predictable under certanin driving conditions as I would expect in a sports-oriented sedan. It provides a high level of comfort and convenience. The only quality issue was the leather on the drivers' seat side bolster wore through from sliding across it or snagging on cell phoneThis was a $200 repair, but now it is like new. The seat is only partially covered with leather, most of it is vinyl. The Bose sound system is supurb! I am experiencing an annoying groan / squeak from dash area that I can't locate. My overall evaluation is that this ia a great vehicle for the money.

the good, the bad and a little ugly
By spudskier on 12/26/04 02:45 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 2001 Nissan Maxima is more fun than any other sedan out there. I didn't want what everyone else had, and this car is very different. Having said this, it has a poor steering radius, mediocre fuel economy, pthe aint chips easily on front. On the plus side, the car has good power and handling, ground clearance, a smooth ride, It is biga nd hard to maneuver, which is bad for downtown or tight areas. Overall the Maxima is a food family car. It is very safe and has lots of safety features.

Lost Its Value
By vroom vroom on 12/14/04 20:57 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my '01 Nissan Maxima brand-new. I have loved it up to now, it has recently gone out of warranty, and has had some problems. I had problems with the starter..etc. I also slide around in the snow, . Lving in Chicago I need to drive my husband's Jeep around. This car has good looks and a lot of power. I now have 40,000 miles on it and it is worth only $11,000. It has deprectiated very quickly. Also my friend's Lexus SUV gets better gas mileage than my Maxima.

3rd Maxima No Sign of Stopping
By Nissan4ever on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 3 Nissan Maximas (88,89,01). I have had nothing but good experiences and look forward to owning a new one. It is my opinion that you cant go wrong with owning one of these vehicles, especially if you have a bit of a lead foot like i do.

quadcamperformance
By eriktucker on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a Nissan Maxima 2001 SE 5 speed black on black, with a few up grades such as stillen intake, crank pullies, stillen exhaust, progess springs, akebono brakes, stillen strut bars, and advanced timming. I had it up to 152mph at 6100 rpms and it wanted more. I had before this car an Acura Legend 5 speed. I also had a 1990 BMW 525 I automatic. I like the Nissan Maxima by far.

Great all-around performance car
By dude_472 on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car and never doubt that it will perform in extreme situations. I go through front tires every year so you can imagine how aggressively I drive it. I had this car at very high speeds, including turns, and never lost control; it slides beautifully through the turn. The suspension seems soft and suspect on turns, but the compression is set nicely so that it holds...just have to get the feel. No problems with the engine after 50000 hard miles. I've gone through 3 sets of breaks and 14 tires already ($$$) but that was my fault, not the car's. There really isn't much you can be unsatisfied with for the money. Had it for 4 years and plan to keep it for 4 more or so (sell@100K).

Terrific car
By mary b on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I've ever owned. Beautifully designed inside, extremely comfortable, and a blast to drive. Zero problems after 40,000 miles. Only wish it had a little better fuel economy but not bad -- generally 26-28 mpg highway and 22-23 around town. After 3 years it still looks and drives great.

Great Car
By Don Parkhurst on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My fifth Maxima and my next car will be a Maxima. Maximas run great for at least 250,000 miles with normal service. A real value when compared to more expensive cars