2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
20th Anniversary Edition Maxima
By Brooklynborn on 11/09/05 20:48 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Maxima and I absolutely love this car. I've had it 4 and a half years now. The car rides smooth and quiet. It has a strong 227 Hp engine, the same one found in the 2001 Infinity I30. 4900 miles on it and still performs like new. No problems to report. All I've done to this car is replaced the tires when needed. The reliability of this car is excellent. This is exactly why I buy Maximas and nothing else, it's the best car for the money. I'm about to buy a 2006 Maxima. I've received many great offers on my car to sell.

Still Not Sure...
By RB on 11/07/05 11:29 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Maxima SE new back in March 01. I like the car overall, but here is my experience so far: 1)Had to replace the front shocks at 40K 2)The exhaust pipe had to be replaced at 53K 3) Replaced original Potenza tires after 53K 4)New front brakes at 36K 5) New rear brakes at 52K. My experience with the service department at the dealership has been very good, they know what they're doing. I will go with a Honda or Acura for my next car.

My Maxima
By 2 Time Maxima Owner! on 11/05/05 08:11 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 01' 20th Anniversary Special Edition is a wonderful vehical inside and out, including the mechanical parts. Nissan builds wonderful cars and the safety features are great. The car rides just as you move the steering wheel and stops on the dime. No hesitations! This is my second Maxima, previously owning a 95'. The bang is not as strong but it drives just as well. I feel extremely safe in Maxima's. The 95' Nissan was my first car, I thought I was in the Indy 500 and should have been dead 3x's. However, have been driving the Maxima saved my life.

Great car
By Michael Smith on 08/26/05 23:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 4 yrs and 4 months. Very few problems and only regular maintenance required. Outstanding reliability, comfort, and performance. I think the styling still holds up today. It's been the best car I have ever owned!

Best Car EVER
By Kevin on 05/31/05 13:45 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 GLE from a dealer in Minnesota. I bought the car with 113,000 miles for $10,600. This car IS AMAZING!! This car drives like a porsche, and best of all, its affordable. You get a lot of bang for your buck with the 222-horse engine, and the features of this car. The engine is very quiet, in fact you can hear the tires over the engine. The bose 200 watt system is also a great bonus to this car. If you are in the market for a used sedan, the maxima is the only choice. Its powerful, classy, comfortable, and safe. I give this car 2 thumbs WAY UP!!

Love this car
By Brad H on 04/22/05 07:31 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent reliability so far. Car has 55K miles. Left front tie rod has worn and required replacement. Otherwise, no other mechanical issues.

Best car ever....
By Marco Madrazo on 03/27/05 11:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Folks, this car drives like a starship. Imagine youself in space manuevering a craft, and thats what driving this Maxima is like. The car has saved my life countless times due to its flexibility and quick response on the road. In essence, the car becomes part of you, it was designed to follow your every command.

bad experience 01 S
By Ryan on 03/16/05 14:43 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I originally purchased the car because I liked the style and supposed reputation of Nissan. My car had only 19000 miles and looked in mint condition. It was an off leased vehicle from a Nissan employee, at least that is what I was told. It was purchased from a Nissan dealer thinking they would stand behind their own product. As soon as I got it home, it started smoking white exhaust.Without going into all the boring details I finally got a new short block from the dealer, but not without threatening to sue them. Neither my dealer nor Nissan treated me with any respect and will never purchase another Nissan product, especially from Ft Wayne Nissan. Will go back to a reliable brand Toyota.

nice ride
By mayur on 03/13/05 20:44 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For my first car, I was looking for something reliable, powerful, safe, reasonably priced, and fun to drive. I decided to go with the Nissan Maxima and I have been very pleased with the car over the last couple of months. The car is built very well and is nicely appointed for a 12-17,000 used vehicle. Another thing I like about this car is the body style that sticks to the shape that is very attractive to the eye. Inside the controls are well laid out, and the BOSE system performs quite well. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a well-priced, reliable, and sporty choice for a long term vehicle. I have read many reviews and the car holds up to its rating.

best car easily destroys the accord
By Mensur Pjetrovic on 02/08/05 19:23 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

this car is the sickest car ive ever driven it plus i added a cold air intake which really makes the car pull off the line as if it needed more power steering and cornering is excellent driving a 2000 accord ex v6 gold (hayat) and i have to say the maxima outperforms it.