2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Nissan Maxima Ownership
By betty sturgeon on 05/03/06 16:47 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Complete confidence is what I feel each time I crawl under the steering wheel of my Maxima. I have 92,000.+ miles on it, and it is still in superb running condition. The only repairs I've needed to make have been routine, i.e., tires, brakes & battery - that's all. I would always recommend Nissan.

nice car
By nick on 03/15/06 18:40 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had the car for all most half a year bought it with 64,000 miles just had the O2 sensor replaced and fix timimg cover oil leak at 74,000 had extended warranty all ways buy the warranty. Other then thad i love the car. Handles a little woerd sometime but i can pass just about anything in the midsize sedan class. Will buy a another one soon

Rocket Update
By rudepuppy on 03/03/06 19:47 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Original review 02-14-2003. A very good car, now with 64,000 miles. I dropped my comfort rating from 9 to 8 because I have tired of the firm ride. Economy rating from 9 to 8 because we avg. 24 mpg, down from 27 mpg first 3 years. Quality rating from 10 to 9 - anyone else have peeling paint? I washed the car this week, and paint is coming off the hood in quarter sized pieces - NOT GOOD! We'll see how Nissan stands behind their cars now.

2001 Nissan Maxima SE
By Vman on 02/27/06 08:10 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle "used" in 2004. I have loved the performance and styling of the Maxima. Shortly after purchase I needed a 02 sensor and a new catalytic converter. I was lucky to have purchased a pre-owned warranty that covered the problems that would have cost me approx. $1000. I also needed to replace the Bridgestone potenzas that I found to be horrible in the snow. If you plan to buy a car that has 17" rims remember that even the best all season radial tire at (225/17/93V) will be marginal in the snow. I purchased Continental Conti- touring tires at a great price and have put approx. 20K on them with no problems. The 2001 Nissan Maxima SE is a solid choice for the price.

2001 Maxima SE
By Jim on 02/10/06 18:10 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

SE model has rather sporty ride but at a significant loss of comfort and refinement. Turning radius is horrible which may be partially attributable to 17" wheels. Maxima reliability has been as advertised.

Excellent Automobile
By Mathilde on 02/06/06 12:15 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been totally reliable for my husband and me in the 2 1/2 years we have owned it, routine maintanence only, no problems whatsoever. This is the second Maxima I have owned and would definitely recommend this car as a solid, reliable and fun vehicle to own. We have two children and they fit in the back just fine, a little tight with two carseats.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Jane on 01/10/06 09:22 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Maxima. I can't say enough good about this car. It has been reliable and fun to drive. The interior and trunk are roomy, and the little conveniences like sunglass holder, spacious console box for CD's,extra backseat drink cup holder and power plug make a real difference on trips. The car's power is a big plus when merging in traffic or handling congested but fast-moving freeway driving. I have been pleasantly surprised by gas mileage.

A front-drive Bimmer
By David Jones on 12/22/05 14:31 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a Maxima and finally found a great deal on a 5sp GXE. obviously the nissan V6 is well known and i can feel all 222hp and 210lbft of torque in any gear. The clutch took awhile to master and the shift throws are a bit long and notchy but the power makes shifting largely optional anyway. Interior build quality could be better in places but the overall design is just right. Interior room and fuel economy are excellent, although the latter is balanced out by the need for 91 octane fuel. Exterior design is unique, though not quite beautiful. After driving 7000 mi, the car now has 52,500 mi and has needed only a reflash of the catalytic converter (covered under warranty).

2001 GLE Nissan Maxima
By tecato on 12/18/05 08:23 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 3rd nissan maxima that i own and i cannot say anything bad about the MAxima. A lot of power. Reliable, etc. I'll not change for another make or model....

No More Nissans
By steanboat1 on 11/21/05 13:28 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased 2001 SE brand new for my wife and absolutely love the car at first - power, comfortable, ample interior space and did I mention 'Power'. For the previous 15 years, we've owned Hondas and Toyotas and guess we were spoiled with their reliabilityr records of these. Starting at 30k we started having problems with the Maxima (O2 sensor, transmission, and Catalytic Converter). These are not your regular $200-$300 problems but more like $900- 1,300 a pop and you would expect these problems at 200+k versus 30-100k. I love the power and styling of Nissans, but I must say I'm going back to the ole' faithful Honda or Toyota for reliability and $$ saves in maintenance.