2001 Nissan Maxima 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 2001 Nissan Maxima SE

2001 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

2001 Nissan Maxima SE
By Vman on

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle "used" in 2004. I have loved the performance and styling of the Maxima. Shortly after purchase I needed a 02 sensor and a new catalytic converter. I was lucky to have purchased a pre-owned warranty that covered the problems that would have cost me approx. $1000. I also needed to replace the Bridgestone potenzas that I found to be horrible in the snow. If you plan to buy a car that has 17" rims remember that even the best all season radial tire at (225/17/93V) will be marginal in the snow. I purchased Continental Conti- touring tires at a great price and have put approx. 20K on them with no problems. The 2001 Nissan Maxima SE is a solid choice for the price.

Favorite Features

my favorite features are the styling and power. The bose sound system is excellent for a factory car stereo minus the 8" sub on the rear deck(see below). The audio controls on the steering wheel are nice and easy to access. Traction control and heated front seats a major plus where i live!

Suggested Improvements

The 02 sensor and the catalytic converter are obviously a problem. the cabin is a little noisy for my taste and the heated seats are slow to warm up. the bose sub on the rear deck is inadequate (distorts) even with audio adjustments. I bought a new dvc 8" 2Ohm sub and used the bose amp.Sounds great