2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Great Max
By Guantanamo on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When it came time to replace my '93 Maxima (with 175,000 miles on it) it only made sense to give Nissan another try -- and boy am I glad I did. The 2001 Max is better in every way - bigger, roomier, faster, and more powerful. It's comfortable for long trips, has great front and rear passenger room, and the V-6 is one of the best on the planet.

2001 Nissan Maxima SE
By johnvent on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 2001 Maxima SE has been an excellent vehicle. The engine is great, build quality and comfort are top notch. I love driving this car!

Best car I ever had
By shielda on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've only had it 6 weeks, so reliability not tested yet - but Consumer Reports says it's one of the best. The car is fun to drive, comfortable, powerful. My family enjoys it. Driving on mountain roads is a real treat. Hugs the highway, acceleration leaves other vehicles standing still. The sound system is excellent. Bought a new Toyota Camry in 1989, loved it, but the Maxima is even better. Best kept secret of fun cars.

The best family sport sedan under $30K
By Nostoc on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After driving this car for a year, here's what a test drive won't tell you: 1. The suspension is not so stiff as it might first appear. Over time I have found the ride to be quite smooth. 2. Ergonomics of the console are a marvel. 3. Design of the cabin is very airy and inviting. 4. 200 watt Bose sound system is wonderful. 5. Steering feel a bit heavy. 6. Look forward every day to driving. Don't regret passing over the Passat.

Incredible car
By davidb on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

No problems after ten months.

Good Car, Bad Dealer
By lifegetter on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got a "good" deal for this 2001 Maxima in 2002, but very disappointed with the dealer. They promised 0% APR then backed out. They promised "lifetime" oil change (twice a year) when we purchased it. We called last week to verify the offer, and the salesperson told us to come in. This morning my wife brought the car in and they told her that there is no such deal. Disgusting place, this Crescent City Nissan in New Orleans.

Awesome
By Adrian on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 5 Nissan's and I am convinced that these vehicles are reliable. When I test drove the 2001 Maxima, I knew this would be my sixth. It is an incredibly reliable, safe, and, powerful car. I chose the five-speed manual GXE, and it is awesome. This car is definately the best bang for your buck!

Best in class
By fchild on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is just best in its class. For under-30K price middle-to-full size sedan it makes perfect choice for mid-age family man.

Not very happy with car
By samantha on 03/17/02 10:47 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has the turning radius of a semi. It also has a very rough ride.

Amazing
By Cerberus on 03/10/02 18:33 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love it!