Used 2001 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Lost Its Value
By vroom vroom

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my '01 Nissan Maxima brand-new. I have loved it up to now, it has recently gone out of warranty, and has had some problems. I had problems with the starter..etc. I also slide around in the snow, . Lving in Chicago I need to drive my husband's Jeep around. This car has good looks and a lot of power. I now have 40,000 miles on it and it is worth only $11,000. It has deprectiated very quickly. Also my friend's Lexus SUV gets better gas mileage than my Maxima.

The powerful engine and sleek look of the car.

Gas mileage, starter problems (isn't Nissan supposed to be reliable?). Better tires.

3rd Maxima No Sign of Stopping
By Nissan4ever

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 3 Nissan Maximas (88,89,01). I have had nothing but good experiences and look forward to owning a new one. It is my opinion that you cant go wrong with owning one of these vehicles, especially if you have a bit of a lead foot like i do.

The powerful 3.0 liter V6 motor, 4 wheel disc brakes, and the Bose radio with cd changer.

Dont really dig the rear end on this model Maxima but the reliabilty and creature comforts make up for that.

quadcamperformance
By eriktucker

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a Nissan Maxima 2001 SE 5 speed black on black, with a few up grades such as stillen intake, crank pullies, stillen exhaust, progess springs, akebono brakes, stillen strut bars, and advanced timming. I had it up to 152mph at 6100 rpms and it wanted more. I had before this car an Acura Legend 5 speed. I also had a 1990 BMW 525 I automatic. I like the Nissan Maxima by far.

I really like the torque and the gearing for a front wheel drive car. I also like the handling as I slam through the gears arround corners.

I really don't like all of the sensors this car is equiped with. They all seem to brake down.

Great all-around performance car
By dude_472

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car and never doubt that it will perform in extreme situations. I go through front tires every year so you can imagine how aggressively I drive it. I had this car at very high speeds, including turns, and never lost control; it slides beautifully through the turn. The suspension seems soft and suspect on turns, but the compression is set nicely so that it holds...just have to get the feel. No problems with the engine after 50000 hard miles. I've gone through 3 sets of breaks and 14 tires already ($$$) but that was my fault, not the car's. There really isn't much you can be unsatisfied with for the money. Had it for 4 years and plan to keep it for 4 more or so (sell@100K).

Suspension and engine reliability. It really seems as though it will be running strong after 150K miles no matter how hard I drive it. I like the body style too. Drives really nice...

I purchase high perf.all-season radials (Nitto) now at nearly half the cost of the Potenza stock tire (summer tire). They last longer & handle so much better in the rain and snow. Nissan should offer some choices here on purch., or at least make sure custs. are aware of the situatation and options.

Great Car
By Don Parkhurst

2001 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My fifth Maxima and my next car will be a Maxima. Maximas run great for at least 250,000 miles with normal service. A real value when compared to more expensive cars